Sight in my scope with the new 20 MOA rail.

I think that was neat, thank you for sharing. I too have many times come accross babies and momma was close by watching very closely and have never seen them reject the babies. But hey what do I know I am only 47 years old and spent more the 3/4's of that time in the woods hunting, fishing, hiking or just getting away from it all.

I don't think too kindly of people touching new born fawns as I seen where the mother will abandon the fawns after being touched by humans.

I don't believe that to be true..

Joesph if they'd been a couple days old then they would be able to run...

How do you know that? Where did you get your information?

joseph

I can't remmember where I read it, but I asked a local CO about touching new born fawns, was told that fawns are born scent free and when you touch them, they are no longer scent free. This will and can bring in the preditors.
Thats the info I was given many years ago.

I can't remmember where I read it, but I asked a local CO about touching new born fawns, was told that fawns are born scent free and when you touch them, they are no longer scent free. This will and can bring in the preditors.
Making the fawn smell like a human's hand brings in predators? I've never had a predator want to come anywhere near my scent.

With that logic I'd want to get up wind so that the Coyote could smell my scent and come to me, right? Too bad but that's not how it works

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.