Sig wins contract with the 277 fury

Let the debate begin on if this cartridge is suitable for a small shank Savage or if it'll need to be large shank, lol
I would guess it would be suitable for a small shank. I know of folks running rsaum and 300 PRC cartridges on a small shank.

The .277 FURY, also known as the .277 SIG FURY,[a] is a centerfire rifle cartridge announced by SIG Sauer in late 2019.[1] It utilizes a hybrid case of brass and steel to support a chamber pressure of 80,000 psi (551.6 MPa).[1] The high chamber pressure enables a projectile speed of 3,000 feet per second (914 m/s) from a 16-inch (406 mm) barrel.[2]

There will be tons of 7 and 30 magnums for sale. Can only imagine the velocity from a L-o-n-g barrel.

And tons of deaf hunters.

I will just wait an see, and let others suffer the consequences. I have been wrong many times, but I think the problems will out weigh any advantage. I wish they would spend the money and research on a Laser weapon for our solders that has no trajectory and doesn't need ammo at all. No Gunsmiths at all, just a electronic technician for repairs. ;)

J E CUSTOM

I will just wait an see, and let others suffer the consequences. I have been wrong many times, but I think the problems will out weigh any advantage. I wish they would spend the money and research on a Laser weapon for our solders that has no trajectory and doesn't need ammo at all. No Gunsmiths at all, just a electronic technician for repairs. ;)

J E CUSTOM
I concur 100%, I have no interest in it what so ever

Sig Cross bolt action for around $1,800 is chambered for it. The case is a
hybrid Steel base and brass body. The whole thing sounds weird. I doubt this will be a reloadable round.