Sig wins contract with the 277 fury

Funny on oh so many gun forums how the 6.5 CM is so hated.

I smell NIH !
I've got three 6.5 creedmoors at the house right now and I really like them and they shoot great. The funny part of it is how so many people believe they have a 1000 yard elephant gun if they own one. I do appreciate what it is but I have accepted it's limitations. For many people, they are not aware that it has any limitations at all. Every different cartridge has it's tradeoffs regardless of what it is.

The 6.5 CM will do, within it's kill zone, anything the 6.5x55 will. The latter has killed 1000s of big game species all over the world.

Both have worked fine for me out to 300 yards.

Anyone who believes a suppressor will save your hearing on a 3000 fps .277 bullet will be deaf.

I have a "mere" 20" 308 I shoot with a can. Muffs are still needed.
Lol, I'll also be calling TBAC before I run an 80,000 round out of a 16" barrel on one of their cans.
1/2 the draw of the short barrel is room for the can but I don't know enough of the engineering behind them to know what pressure rating can will need to handle the 277 fury.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will weigh in. If I have a can rated for 300 win mag (66,000-ish?) I'd be worried about my can with higher pressure and shorter barrel?
Plus, you're 100% right, it'll still be loud.

I wonder what kind of speeds we will see from 24-26" barrels? usually the smaller cartridges are in the neighborhood of 25fps/inch --that would make it around 3300 fps from a 26" for a 140 grain, which puts it right in the same vicinity if not just a bit more than the 270wsm/270wby but not quite a NOZ
If I understand the question correctly I think your estimate is on the lower end. From what I read on the Fury they are saying 150gr, roughly 3000-3200fps from a 16" barrel.

Anyone who believes a suppressor will save your hearing on a 3000 fps .277 bullet will be deaf.

I have a "mere" 20" 308 I shoot with a can. Muffs are still needed.

Or a better suppressor. 20" 308W can be hearing safe with the right suppressor.

Heck, there are suppressors that aren't hearing safe on a 24" 308W too.

Or a better suppressor. 20" 308W can be hearing safe with the right suppressor.

Heck, there are suppressors that aren't hearing safe on a 24" 308W too.

There is no suppressor that is hearing safe with any supersonic round.
Even my 22RF with a $300 can exceeds 85 DB with hi speed ammo.

You do it and you'll end up deaf.

I would say that there isn't a treatment to make a significant difference in throat erosion on the current barrel steel that we have.
Wrong it's called "nikasil" an electric charge passed through fine wire exploped in the cylinder and placed on the surface for a supper tuff coating.🤠
So tuff pistons melt on it🤔

I don't understand all the hoopla. I've been getting 3250+ fps out of my 20" BAR chambered in 270 WIN - with 130 gr pills and RL26 - with no signs of pressures @ 63.5 grains. Standard Hornady brass.

270WSM could do that without breaking a sweat.

Last edited: