Sig range finders?

Snowbird

I'm looking to pair down from my two rangefinder system to one. I currently have a Leupold RX-1200i w/DNA for archery and leica 1600b for longer distance rifle target. i'm not sure i still need both anymore. i've been looking online at the Sig Sauer KILO2200MR. It seems that this would do everything i need since i really don't use any advanced functions of my current rangefinders. i just need a fast, accurate reading in a red or green display. it also needs to range consistently at distances out to a mile. i also prefer that it angle compensates and reads in tenths when under 100 yards. clear enough optics that read ranges in low light and moist environments are a plus. each of my current rangefinders are adequate for their intended purpose but neither cover both perfectly.

has anyone used the sig rangefinders enough to give a solid opinion on their quality and suitability as a good all around unit for archery and long range shooting?

I have had a sig kilo 2000 for a few years and absolutley love it. Best rangefinder I have owned. The scan works awesome. I have ranged trees to just over 2000 yards. Best rangefinder for the money in my opinion. The angle modified range works well and is right on with my ballistics app. I used it on a bear hunt last month and it seemed to struggle in the fog but all the rangefinders I have used struggle in the fog.

My Leica crapped the bed 6 months out of warranty, and they wouldn't even fix it at my expense. I'm done with Leica .

I have the Leica 1600 B and have compared it to my nephews Sig 2200. The Leica seems to range faster and I can read it better than the Sig. I've taken both out to around 1250 yards. Personally, I like the Leica better.

Never used the Leica. But in my family we have 3 of the sig 2000 and so far they have all performed very well. Have compared them side x side lots of times and all 3 are always with in a yard or 2. So far been happy with them. Good luck

I have to like a 1200 when I bought the Sig mm no comparison for ranging distance. The leica was able to range black angus bull at 1050 but with the Sig up to 1760.

I have a Sig 2200 and I've been pretty impressed with it, especially considering I bought it on sale at Cabela's this past winter for $349. The furthest I've ranged with it was 1846 yards.

I have had a kilo 2000 as well as the 2200. Both are excellent units, and Sig's customer service is spot on, I would even go as far as saying outstanding.

I bought my Kilo 2000 the october after they came out, and had it for two years. It began having trouble ranging anything but reflective objects, and I realized it was my fault for abusing it, the laser lense was scratched to **** from bouncing around in my dusty truck, backpack, on my hip while crawling in the dirt and dust, ect. I called sig and asked where to send it for repairs, they e-mailed me a free shipping label, I wrote a note describing my issue, taking complete blame for the damage. Also, I did not have the original reciept. I sent it in, and one week after they recieved it, I got an email with a tracking number for a brand new kilo 2200, free of charge. Total time from me shipping it to them to receiving a new unit was approximately 2-3 weeks. I have compared them side by side with Lieca's, and personally like the sig better, and it was way faster in ranging and scanning. Also, after experiencing their customer service, I think I'll stick with a company that backs up their products. The Nikon 3000 stabilized rangefinder looks promising, but I currently have an issue with Nikon and won't buy their products.

I had a 2000. Had a battery go bad and cause some corrosion in the battery compartment. Took it to the Scheels store I bought it from and they swapped me out for the 2200. Bought another 2200 so I would have a backup. My 2200 had the same issue with a battery that went back and it is presently enroute to Sig. I am sure it will either be fixed or replaced shortly.

I hunt with a couple guys that both have Leica's. One is a snob and wont look through my Sig :) The other got a hold of mine and wouldn't give it back for about 30 minutes. He just kept ranging stuff and saying, "this is amazing".

I have never been able to range much over 1700-1800 and some days 1000 can be a challenge.

Still, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.