Sig MCX spearšŸ¤”

belldar

I have a hankering to get one of the new Sig MCX spear carbines. Thought about the SBR but don't want to mess around with that right now. I figure a 16 inch folding stock piston driven 5.56 might be useful. For the obvious reasons the rifle was built for and maybe a bit of a coyote truck gun and short range plinker. It's a little on the $$ side but I might be able to get into one decently. From what I see I can either get that or pay $1,000+ for anything similar(SCARish) or pay the same or more for a conventional decked out AR15. I can build one for a little cheaper but not piston driven.

So am I nuts? I would top it with a smaller Nightforce and add a short 30 cal suppressor to it. Ya there are probably better options but I have cheap home made ARs and wanted something upper end while it's all still possible

Last edited:
Personally I would build but I am an AR snob and find fault with every AR that I didn't build for myself LOL, and a thousand is a good starting point. The Sig you are looking at is cool, resale on them is decent, I say go for it. What's the worst that can happen?

Personally I would build but I am an AR snob and find fault with every AR that I didn't build for myself LOL, and a thousand is a good starting point. The Sig you are looking at is cool, resale on them is decent, I say go for it. What's the worst that can happen?
I feel the same way about AR's. If I build it myself, then it's exactly what I wanted!

I wouldn't mind having that 27-08 though, but not at 80k! Low to mid 60k's will work (pressure, not dollars).

I like to build and put in just what I want with all weaponry. This new MCX seems to have about all I actually want. We will see when I get it if that holds true. Only change might be a trigger But time will tell. The battle version is awesome but not sure about the 277 fury. Seems too good to be true with potential issues with pressure and the way they setup the case with the extra steel. Now in 308 or a 6mm of Some sort that would be cool!

Need some second opinions on scope! This is a 16inch carbine. It will be used as a closer(<300 yards) Range truck gun and defense play around gun. Scope will be a Nightforce for sure. Haven't decided on used or bite the bullet and get a new one yet.

First thought is NX8 2.5-20x50 MOAR f2 ?
Second is NXS 3.5-15x50 MOAR non ill?
Third is NXS 2.5-10x42 (ish) MOAR ?
4th is a SHV 2.5-10x42 MOAR?

A lot of range between them. Want something smaller but the ability to see a ways if needed and still have close quarters ability.
What say you? Wait to find used?

One of the 1-8 power options might be worth adding to your list for the real up close and personal, close quarters mentioned. NX8 or ATACR

illuminated 1x is very fast, like a red dot.
Thought and had planned on one of those but I am a dial in close junky after all my other scopes go to 22 poweršŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

I'd say go for it. The more i have looked at them, the more I really wanted one this year but I think I am going to wait until I move and order a factory sbr.

If you get one let us know how you like it.

Well mine cam yesterday. It's small even as a carbine. Not sure about a large optic on it now. Really nice trigger and all around feel and function. The stock is shorter than expected but handy. I'll throw on a old mark 4 Leupold today and see how she dose. Been battling a cold this week and feel like crap but I'll see if I can shoot it anyways.

Well, how's she shoot? I've got a 2.5-10 NF and love it. Its accuracy would determine how high on the magnification I go. I've got a VX6HD 1-6 on my 223 Carbine and really like it. Wouldn't make an ideal long range coyote setup though.

Recent Posts