Sig kilo way off

A 300 win mag shooting a 215 Berger at 3000 fps is simply not dropping 7 MOA by 400 yards. That is the drop you see from moderate to mild .308 win loads. It's not your sig.....

So you just said you dropped down 4 MOA from making 400 yard impacts with 1.5" groups to zero at 100 yards, then set zero stop, then immediately after, you had to go back up 7 MOA to hit the same target? Or at least the same range? Sounds like scope tracking/loose turrets to me. Check your zero at 100 yards, and if your atacr is sfp, make sure your on the correct magnification, then use your reticle to hold over, I bet it won't use 7 MOA to make 400 yard hits, closer to 5. Then try to dial up and see how much it takes. If these two numbers aren't the same, your scope has a problem.

When I shot at 400yds and couldn't hit target I went back to 100yds and shot dead nuts then went to 200yds right on went to 300yds 12 inches low

If you were dead nuts zero at 100, adjust up the 1 moa (or whatever) to be dead nuts at 200, left it "zeroed" (scope adjusted for) 200 yards and shot 300 but your impacts were 12" low...then your muzzle velocity is not what your magneto is telling you. With a 200 zero you should be closer to 6" drop at 300, not 12. Even if you left it on the 100 yard zero you shouldn't get 12" drop at 300 (with that bullet @ 3018 fps). I think your magneto is lying to you!
Not knowing your rifle or load, 3000 fps with a 215 from a .300 winmag seems pretty fast.

Your screen shot shows sight height of two inches. This is a critical measurement and you can't just take some literature's number. What have you done to make SURE it is 2.0 inches?

I've never had any luck with the sig scopes. I have mounted several scopes for people and a lot of the sig scopes don't even have enough click value/travel to zero the rifle at 100 yards. IMO I thank it has something to do with the zero stop. The last sig scope I did I sat down and read over the manual to see what I was doing wrong. I found out a lot of their scope only have 50 MOA//15 mil of total adjustments. (( That sucks for a $1,000 price range scope ))

Hate to say it but maybe start over. Start with remounting the scope, zeroing at 100 and setting the zero stop.Then move to 200, then 300, then 400. Something somewhere isn't correct. I believe if you are methodical and only re do 1 step at a time you will find the issue.

I've never had any luck with the sig scopes. I have mounted several scopes for people and a lot of the sig scopes don't even have enough click value/travel to zero the rifle at 100 yards. IMO I thank it has something to do with the zero stop. The last sig scope I did I sat down and read over the manual to see what I was doing wrong. I found out a lot of their scope only have 50 MOA//15 mil of total adjustments. (( That sucks for a $1,000 price range scope ))
He is using a nightforce ATACR, not a sig scope. Refer to post #14.

Just came back from the range started over shot at 100yds set zerostop . Went to 400yds input my velocity in the sig ranged it with the sig said up 4.65 I raised it up 5 moa , shot was 2inches low and 3inches right.

For what its worth, my .300 Win Mag with NF 5x25 ATACR and 215 Berger velocity is 2952 and I am using a custom drag curve in SIG Kilo 2400ABS. My sight height is 1.875 so I doubt your sight height is a problem. I also measured my muzzle velocity with a Magneto Speed over 25+ rounds fired. Mine has been spot on all the way out to 1125 yards.

When you noticed the big drop at 400, was the integrity of your group still there? If you still had a 1 1/2" group, then you can rule out the mounts and the load. You shoot with same rest combination as before? You change from bags to bipod, or with MS and without MS?

You can rule out the scope tracking with a tall target test. It can also show you if you have the scope cross hairs mounted level. A bit of a PITA to set up, but easy to see if you have a problem. If the scope tracks fine, and your loads ES, SD, and groups are holding well, then I'm stumped. Your Sig Data seems correct based on my experience. 4 ish MOA at 400yds is about right.

Are you shooting uphill or down hill? Is your SIG set on mils instead of MOA? Is your ATACR MIL or MOA? Sig needs to match whatever your scope is...

And lastly, I'm confused as to why you have to enter the velocity if you have the gun profile set up already? If you have the SIG2400ABS, you should only have to hit the range button. It will give the solution for you. No need to add velocity. The only input you would have is wind speed and direction.

Last edited:
I agree that 4 ish moa is about right what I don't understand is I was shooting 400 yds shooting 11/2 groups I thought I found my load so I went to 100yds i turned the scope down 3moa . my 1st shot was 1 inch high at 100, lowered the scope 1moa shot dead nuts so i set zero stop. Went to 400yds ranged with sig 4.65 moa which is very close to what I moved the scope when I shot at 100. So I went up 4.75 moa and shot . Completely missed the target. I had to move up 7moa to hit close to center.

Just came back from the range started over shot at 100yds set zerostop . Went to 400yds input my velocity in the sig ranged it with the sig said up 4.65 I raised it up 5 moa , shot was 2inches low and 3inches right.
At my elevation of 7,000 ft, running your data it calls for 4.75 MOA up, running at 2000 or so elevation it is 5.0 - 5.25, using applied ballistics. So what your seeing now seems pretty close

Elevation here is 591
Ya, so the 5.5 you seem to need for impacts seems right on, with my applied ballistics anyway. Who knows what caused your previous problem....keep shooting at range, maybe go out farther, make sure things are running smooth. Then go smoke some critters with that bang stick!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.