Sig kilo 2400bdx

Mike300wby

Which mode to use for shooting at distances over 800 yds with different elevations and without a kestrel?

Do I use LOS, AMR or ABU with the cell phone app?

example: shooting downhill, do I rangefinder in which mode and what distance should be used to calculate the range? If in ABU does it account for angle automatically?

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Out tinkering with the kilo and see that I get no ballistic information beyond 800 yds. I would have thought it would provided some data. Do I need to put it in a certain mode? Do I have to have a kestrel for past 800?

It has AB lite. Which will only give a solution to 800 yards. Beyond that you need to be connected to a kestrel or your phone to get the solutions.

I'm not sure as far as the settings you asked about.

What or how do I set it up with the phone to obtain ballistic information without a kestrel? I did have the BDX running the app. But never got additional info. See photo screenshot when ranged over 800yds.

Attachments

• 307761ED-CB2B-4EC3-980A-8B7ABB0E0879.png
    307761ED-CB2B-4EC3-980A-8B7ABB0E0879.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 56
Out tinkering with the kilo and see that I get no ballistic information beyond 800 yds. I would have thought it would provided some data. Do I need to put it in a certain mode? Do I have to have a kestrel for past 800?

Yes or use the Kilo 3000 binoculars

You have to be connected to a AB app (on your phone) or a kestrel with AB to get solutions past 800 displayed back to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.