SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

I got my unit the other day but still haven't opened it yet... pretty nervous about the issues already... Was there a certain lot that had issues? Mine came from the LRH store. I have an android ... Anyone know how many units have been sold in the US
Maybe I should have waited on my purchase... Sigh... How will we know when they update?

Slewfoot

Hey guys, I just got my unit and have been pretty impressed so far. Drops match my previous data, and I have had no issues getting it to connect and sync. I do have one question. Does anyone know what the minimum range the "AMR" ranging will go down to? I am interested in using this for archery applications as well, and my old Leica would not begin correcting angles until >99 yards. Hoping this unit will give me angle corrections from 20-80 yards as well.

Thanks in advance.

))--SLIVER-->

Hey guys, I just got my unit and have been pretty impressed so far. Drops match my previous data, and I have had no issues getting it to connect and sync. I do have one question. Does anyone know what the minimum range the "AMR" ranging will go down to? I am interested in using this for archery applications as well, and my old Leica would not begin correcting angles until >99 yards. Hoping this unit will give me angle corrections from 20-80 yards as well.

Thanks in advance.

))--SLIVER-->

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Sweet! That is awesome to hear. This really is a do it all rangefinder! I'll try the archery aspect out in April and let you know how it works.

))--SLIVER-->

I need some help. I have 4 gun profiles downloaded on my app but I can't seem to understand how you get one profile to another to the range finder. In other words, if I want to switch from profile 1 to say profile 3, how do I do that?

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 82
I need some help. I have 4 gun profiles downloaded on my app but I can't seem to understand how you get one profile to another to the range finder. In other words, if I want to switch from profile 1 to say profile 3, how do I do that?

You need to first sync the device(smart phone) to the RF and download the 4 profiles to the rangefinder. Make sure you go to the menu on the RF to turn the synch on so the RF receives the profile info. Push the synch button on smart phones display. Make sure the RF is awake when you do the synchronization. This action will replace prior profiles with the new one. Once the profiles are downloaded to the RF, you go back into the menu in the RF and select the specific profile number(1-4) that corresponds to the load you want and enter it. You should be all set. If you are not using your smartphone with the RF, you can go back to the menu to turn the "sync" off to conserve battery life.

"

After you wake the rangefinder up hold the MODE button on the side while you look through the rangefinder. You should be able to scroll through your settings after the first menu pops up. When you hit the "PRO" menu, use the range button to select which profile you want to use "PRO1" "PRO2" PRO3" "PRO4"

Well fellas I'm less than pleased with the app for this thing on a galaxy s7.. I've messed with it quite a bit and here are the 3 problems I'm having so far. It won't initially connect unless I restart the app, shut down Bluetooth or some other song and dance. It absolutely will not stay connected to the rangefinder. I've changed the amount of time the rangefinder stays on to the longest option available and it's not even remotely dependable. Second the compass calibration is off and every time I try and calibrate it disconnects.. Also the wind meter won't work with the app.. anything over 2.5mph it just zeros out and locks up. I downloaded the weatherflo app for the wind meter and it works just fine so it's obviously something to do with the kilo app. At this point I'm thinking maybe I should've kept my g7.. I haven't had a chance to try the rangefinder itself at any considerable range yet but I will tomorrow. Hopefully it performs better than the app..

My 2400 has worked well so far, but I made the decision to hold on to my G7 until I get through at least a full hunting season for a complete workout . While the 2400 has some appealing advantages, the G7 has more then delivered the goods for several years.

Last edited:
One of the sales guys at Cabela's here in SC said they had a few people bring their 2400's back because of numerous issues.

He said they are only Special ordering them right now until the kinks are worked out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.