SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

The iOS issue does not exist in the Kilo system. The iOS issue is isolated to iOS AB Mobile. It is unique to that app.

I have an idea what is going on here, and the fix is actually super simple.

You got your unit from Cabela's very early on correct?

I would imagine that the slow response time is related to the fact that all the key guys related to the KILO 2400 were at SHOT all last week.

I think I should take a moment and update everyone who is considering one of these RF. I was at first disappointed in the customer service that I was not getting from Sig. However I am very happy to report that they have really stepped up and gone the extra mile in helping me with the problems that I was having. I now have a working RF in my hands and so far it is great. As I have more time testing it I will continue to update.

I think I should take a moment and update everyone who is considering one of these RF. I was at first disappointed in the customer service that I was not getting from Sig. However I am very happy to report that they have really stepped up and gone the extra mile in helping me with the problems that I was having. I now have a working RF in my hands and so far it is great. As I have more time testing it I will continue to update.

It would be nice to know what the fix was for the issues you encountered. Was it a glitch in the electronics? User error? Bad device?

It would be nice to know what the fix was for the issues you encountered. Was it a glitch in the electronics? User error? Bad device?

The RF I got from Cabelas would not sync to my phone. In the app it said that the sync was successful but the data was to far off and when I would go to the HUD screen it would say that the Profile was not synced. Also the Density Altitude was showing a negative number like -1066. Sig sent me a new one and everything worked great on it.
I just got a text today from them letting me know that the sensor for the DA was not working correctly but they were able to get the RF to sink to their phone. So, bad device, but great Customer Service, once I got to the right people.

The RF I got from Cabelas would not sync to my phone. In the app it said that the sync was successful but the data was to far off and when I would go to the HUD screen it would say that the Profile was not synced. Also the Density Altitude was showing a negative number like -1066. Sig sent me a new one and everything worked great on it.
I just got a text today from them letting me know that the sensor for the DA was not working correctly but they were able to get the RF to sink to their phone. So, bad device, but great Customer Service, once I got to the right people.

I have a problem with my 2400's i purchased from Cabela's as well. Last week I asked for help via private message on this forum to I guess spokesman for Kilo's and AB. I never received a reply but no worries.

I contacted Sig Sauer customer service yesterday. Wow! Great people to work with! I was told not to send Kilo's back to Cabela's but instead send directly to Sig and they would take care of it immediately! Nice to do business with a company that does not have a "Left" attitude!

Ray

Is this a batch problem that was just shipped to Cabela's, or just a random issue on the 2400's?

I visited a Cabela's today that had 3 in stock but I was honestly a bit afraid to take a plunge on one until there's so more feedback on the little bugs that are popping up.

Is this a batch problem that was just shipped to Cabela's, or just a random issue on the 2400's?

I visited a Cabela's today that had 3 in stock but I was honestly a bit afraid to take a plunge on one until there's so more feedback on the little bugs that are popping up.

Call Sig, you will get straight answer.
Even if you buy one from Cabela's right now you will be satisfied in the end.
Slick little unit for sure!

Ray

For anyone that has noticed any issues, please contact me directly at [email protected]. I am aware of a few small issues that affect a small number of users which have all been addressed at this point. If you feel that something has been an issue, please feel free to contact us and we will work to fix the issue with you.

-Nick

I would like to give 2 thumbs up to Rob and Mike M at Sig Sauer customer support for their help today.

It turned out my issue had nothing to do with the Sig Kilo unit. My Iphone 6 would not connect completely to the App. I had downloaded the Sig Kilo app before I ever received my range finder. When I received my range finder, my phone would not connect to it. So, I deleted the App and reinstalled a new Sig Kilo App. Still, the App would somehow determine my Range finder serial number but would never show the range finder as connected. Rob at Sig Kilo immediately asked me to do a hard shut down of my Iphone 6 and then restart it. Problem solved and I guess I feel a little dumb now. Nevertheless, I am now syncing, ranging and getting the exact results as my Terrapin and Kestrel 5700; except in a fraction of time.

Thanks Sig Sauer!!!!

You can take this for what its worth (Free for sure). I hear you, I preordered the Note 7, and before I was done I had gone through two of them so I too was a little hesitant to jump on board with the 2400. However I knew I was going to purchase a new RF, I also knew that if I was not 100% satisfied I had a 90 days return with Cabela's---- Plus the great warranty that comes with the 2400, so I thought what do I have to lose. I have had to use the warranty from Sig as mine did have a firmware issue but they were great to deal with, quick to get me up and running and so far I am amazed at this unit.

I have one on order and was looking through the app and I could not acess the bullet library. It says I need to be connected to the device. Must have the info stored in the unit. Are the bullets in the library the "litz" version as they are in the AB mobile app?

I have one on order and was looking through the app and I could not acess the bullet library. It says I need to be connected to the device. Must have the info stored in the unit. Are the bullets in the library the "litz" version as they are in the AB mobile app?

The library is stored in the app, however a couple of features require you to be connected to the device in order to use them correctly. One of them is accessing the bullet library, the other is doing ballistic calibrations. The entire library consists only of bullets we have tested in our lab. Not one BC is from manufacturer data, 100% of it comes from our lab.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.