SIG Kilo 2400 ABS Problem

Boomer51

I've got a problem with a SIG Kilo 2400. I've entered several gun profiles using a 200 yard zero. I'm not using any of the MV-temp relationships or custom calibration. The biggest issue is that no matter what profile I select, if I range the target butt at 200 yards, it gives something close to a +0.36 MOA correction. I can't think of any condition that would create that kind of holdover with a 200 yd zero. Additionally, if I range a target at, say 5 yds, it will give me a horizontal dial-up of 0.10 MOA. I have a 10 MPH full-value programmed in each profile.

The ranging portion of the rangefinder works great, so I have to believe I've got something entered wrong, but I've been through the manual and the gun profiles a bunch of times and can't find anything goofy. If anyone has run into this before, I'd appreciate the help!
Thanks,

Jim

Zero your wind and see what it reads. Should be spot on.
Also, using a 100 yard zero will cause your further shots to be more accurate the further out you go. Same with all abs programs.
Give it another shot and report back.
Ben

Thanks Ben! I adjusted the zero to 100 yds and the wind to zero. The drops now match the Shooter app and are zero at 100 yards. Funny, the windage is 0.06 MOA at 6 yds and 0 at 100 yds. Any idea why I get the wrong dial-to at 200 yds with a 200 yd zero?

Thanks,

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.