SIG Electro Optics new BDX system just released

Interested to see if the scope and reticle can work in a traditional manner without batteries.

Interested to see if the scope and reticle can work in a traditional manner without batteries.

If I understand your question correctly, yes, the scope operates as a standard scope without the batteries. The reticle is always there. The dots light up just as they would on Leupold's Firedot....there are just a whole bunch more of them. Without the batteries or the system enabled, it's just a regular scope.

It's quite an interesting system. I did not get to pair it to a Kestrel when I got a demo , but you can use the system in a number of ways depending on your preferences and your equipment. IE, RF and Kestrel work in tandem in two way communication, so you can get your solution and dial if you don't have a Sig scope. If you have the scope but you don't have a sig RF, you can use the app, IIRC, and have it set custom hold points on your Sig scope. If you don't have a kestrel, but you have the scope and the RF, you have AB lite that will give a decent solution out to 800 yards. Etc.

Options based on what you have and how you like to work.

My biggest concern is it's a lot of tech all talking to eachother. Lots of possible points of failure. Still, as long as you know how to operate without it, and because it gives you so many options, you have various fallback solutions should one part of the system go down.

Interesting stuff...more to come....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.