Sig cross in 6.5 creedmoor

Wendet

just got a sig saur cross in 6.5 creedmoor put a new trijicon credo hx 2.5x15x56 . Looks good so far just wondering if anybody had experience with this rifle or scope and any useful advice or thoughts will be for hunting probably 600 and closer

Some pretty bad reviews on the gun. Mainly the bolt bump firings and just average accuracy, from a gun on paper should be very accurate. Curious to see how your shoots.

Some pretty bad reviews on the gun. Mainly the bolt bump firings and just average accuracy, from a gun on paper should be very accurate. Curious to see how your shoots.
I think they have fixed the bump firing issue and have heard some good things about better accuracy before I bought this one but we will see

I shoot the 130gr berger otm's in mine and shot a .7" group at 200 yards with it. It's very light, and I got it for my wife/kids to shoot and to double as a truck gun. I think for that use it's going to work beautifully.

The actual reviews that I've seen since they fixed the trigger issue have been excellent accuracy and a great trigger.

I'm using Nosler brass, cci 200 primers, h4350 - loaded to mag length. From my chamber measurements, it does look like it's throated pretty long - which I think is a good thing.

I'll reply back to this thread when I get a chance to shoot it again, but I was very encouraged by the accuracy I was getting - had a load in 13 shots actually.

Mine has shot all of the factory hornady eldm and eldx very well. Like all rifles, there is ammo it doesn't like. I had a 135 Berger load that shot well and I'm just starting to figure out a 110 hammer load.
I like the rifle

I shoot the 130gr berger otm's in mine and shot a .7" group at 200 yards with it. It's very light, and I got it for my wife/kids to shoot and to double as a truck gun. I think for that use it's going to work beautifully.

The actual reviews that I've seen since they fixed the trigger issue have been excellent accuracy and a great trigger.

I'm using Nosler brass, cci 200 primers, h4350 - loaded to mag length. From my chamber measurements, it does look like it's throated pretty long - which I think is a good thing.

I'll reply back to this thread when I get a chance to shoot it again, but I was very encouraged by the accuracy I was getting - had a load in 13 shots actually.
Thanks for the info I heard a lot of good things and a few bad but it's always nice to hear from people who actually use it thanks again for all the replys

just got a sig saur cross in 6.5 creedmoor put a new trijicon credo hx 2.5x15x56 . Looks good so far just wondering if anybody had experience with this rifle or scope and any useful advice or thoughts will be for hunting probably 600 and closer
Nice combo. I'd thought about doing that same, but with the Credo 2-10x36 FFP. We'll see if I "need" another rifle...

I tried some 142gr ABLR and I don't think it likes them much. Minute of plywood at the low end of pressure and they have tightened up to about 2" at the top book load at 2630fps.

I have one, and I started with 143 eld-x, and it shot them about .7. I ordered a few hundred barnes 127gr tsx-lr, and it shoots them like crap, (2moa+).

What I will say is that it falls apart when the barrel warms up. It's good for a 3 shot group, but beyond that, it gets ugly. It's a lightweight barrel, and I bought it to hunt with, so it isn't an issue for me, but be aware, if you need accuracy beyond the third shot, good luck.

I have one, and I started with 143 eld-x, and it shot them about .7. I ordered a few hundred barnes 127gr tsx-lr, and it shoots them like crap, (2moa+).

What I will say is that it falls apart when the barrel warms up. It's good for a 3 shot group, but beyond that, it gets ugly. It's a lightweight barrel, and I bought it to hunt with, so it isn't an issue for me, but be aware, if you need accuracy beyond the third shot, good luck.
I've got a buddy that said he would sell me some 143gr ELDX if I can't get these to shoot. I'm going to try a couple different powders and primers and if I can find anything workable, I'll run it this season and them maybe look at one of the 20" carbon6 barrels at Schnees.