Sig BDX Scopes

Page 15 of the Oregon regulations states: "prohibited methods ... use artifical light for hunting ... this includes scopes ... that receive infomaton from any electronic device. This includes . . . Scopes with rangefinders and scopes that receive information from a rangefinder or any electronic device."

I looked into getting a setup. The 4.5-14 and the 2400bdx rf. Unfortunately here in Idaho (only state to do so) outlaws any electronic device that is incorporated into a scope.
Actually here in Colorado, the law states "no electronic equipment shall be used in the taking of big game" I don't know anyone who doesn't use a range finder but that seems like it would be against the law.

Actually here in Colorado, the law states "no electronic equipment shall be used in the taking of big game" I don't know anyone who doesn't use a range finder but that seems like it would be against the law.
Yea that sounds like you're right. Crazy. You'd think sig would look into this if they are going to post which states are "ok" to use

Well we've discussed the legality in various states and one man's opinion of Midway, but nobody has anything to say about the scopes...interesting. Kinda scared me that in this crowd there is nobody fessing up to actually owning one haha
If it helps with anything, I would buy one in a heartbeat if i could. Even coyotes it would be great, hell rockchucks for me.

Good Luck with your rangefinder! I bought mine thought it was awesome. Love how fast it is. Until it made me gun shy when it mattered most. I use it for archery now. But it ranged wrong for me on 3 elk before I found out that it can't pick up a lone elk past 600 yards.. that was a bummer. It needs to be big and reflective for it to be accurate at greater distances. At least it's that way for mine.. hopefully soon I can pick up the terrapin. I hope yours will do what you want it to do.

Good Luck with your rangefinder! I bought mine thought it was awesome. Love how fast it is. Until it made me gun shy when it mattered most. I use it for archery now. But it ranged wrong for me on 3 elk before I found out that it can't pick up a lone elk past 600 yards.. that was a bummer. It needs to be big and reflective for it to be accurate at greater distances. At least it's that way for mine.. hopefully soon I can pick up the terrapin. I hope yours will do what you want it to do.
Was it the same one the 2200?

Was it the same one the 2200?

Yes. Same range finder my friend. If I go out to the range it won't pick up the 600 yard gong but it will pick up the huge sign and target stand. I have actually had deer walk out on the range at like 650 while I have been shooting and I tried ranging them and it wouldn't pick the deer up.. I hope yours is better! I don't think it's a bad rangefinder. It just doesn't suit what I need it for.

Last edited:
The scope and rangefinder are legal to use in Oregon you just cant have them connected. The scope can be configured with a custom illuminated BDC reticle based on your rifles exact ballistics. Obviously ballistically enabled LRFs are legal in Oregon as well.

@Cobus28 something is wrong with your LRF. Send it in and they will get it fixed for you.

With the BDX scope I do have, I will likely get it mounted on a rifle next week. Rifle was ordered last week and hopefully will be at my FFL soon. Once I have it setup and get out to the range I will update the thread with impressions. I have a NF 7-35 ATACR & a PST II 5-25 to compare it to so I can post my comparison thoughts as well.

I don't have a rangefinder to pair with it so it will just be my perceived image quality comparison.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.