Sig 300 win brass.

gohring3006

Searched the forum, I didn't find any updates on existing threads. Has anybody got to run it thru the paces?

I wonder if there is a way of determining who made it?
I picked some up today at Cabelas my lot # is EKCP128.

My lot # is EECP224, but probably doesn't help. The brass lots made by ADG were very consistent in neck thickness and weight. The Sig mfg. brass had more deviation, or so I've been told.

I wonder if there is a way of determining who made it?
I picked some up today at Cabelas my lot # is EKCP128.
Pretty sure that is Sig made. I have a bag of each and the lot numbers are a totally letter/number scheme on the ones made by ADG. My Sig made Sig brass was some of the first they made and consistancy was very good. You can't really complain being able to buy it at Cabela's locally for $35. I'd like to get some of the newer ADG stuff that they tightened up the primer pockets, but I'm on my 7th firing with my current stuff and they're still holding great.

Pretty sure that is Sig made. I have a bag of each and the lot numbers are a totally letter/number scheme on the ones made by ADG. My Sig made Sig brass was some of the first they made and consistancy was very good. You can't really complain being able to buy it at Cabela's locally for $35. I'd like to get some of the newer ADG stuff that they tightened up the primer pockets, but I'm on my 7th firing with my current stuff and they're still holding great.
I know I had a lot of ADG that the pockets were very loose. Once fired and I could just about seat the primer with my fingers. I could seat it 9/10 of the way.

I know I had a lot of ADG that the pockets were very loose. Once fired and I could just about seat the primer with my fingers. I could seat it 9/10 of the way.
They were running their pockets to the mean to slightly larger because you get primer sensitivity issues with them too tight. I have the specs they were holding them to somewhere. After people asking them if they would tighten them up because they were growing on first firing, they did. They didn't grow after that first firing unless you were running over pressure loads though. I'm not sure on what brass they have done that to yet though.

I do know these cases have annealing marks half way down the case.

They were running their pockets to the mean to slightly larger because you get primer sensitivity issues with them too tight. I have the specs they were holding them to somewhere. After people asking them if they would tighten them up because they were growing on first firing, they did. They didn't grow after that first firing unless you were running over pressure loads though. I'm not sure on what brass they have done that to yet though.
I was in contact with Josh and he said the next run on my brass would be with the tighter pockets. The pockets went 4 firings before they started to leak. I sent them some brass for them to analyze. I ended up going with some peterson and it's some awesome stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.