I've got bullets to keep you working past retirement.
Yeah, in hindsight I wish I'd have kept a few of everything I've had over the years lol. I've shot most of it up or sold them though, well the stuff I no longer use I mean. I still have quite a few of the ones I use and load nowadays, which is most of the stuff I've already posted here thus far, or a similar version.

The other package came today with a ton more bullets. I can't thank you guys enough for being so generous and supportive. I know some of these are better than gold right now lol.

These all will keep me really busy for a while, but I promise I'll get them done and posted just as soon as I can. That's the whole point. This isn't just for me. It's to be helpful for the whole community and just increase the knowledge base.

C46213BD-2527-4D6A-93AA-9179E3DEF3DD.jpeg
D79B3DDF-3D57-469F-81CE-44EE02110DF6.jpeg

I really enjoyed this thread. Thanks for sharing Petey308, and thanks for speaking your mind on the TMK. This thread is exactly was I was looking for.
I am just wondering if you have had a chance to put up a web page or blog with all your work with cutting these bullets in half?

I really enjoyed this thread. Thanks for sharing Petey308, and thanks for speaking your mind on the TMK. This thread is exactly was I was looking for.
I am just wondering if you have had a chance to put up a web page or blog with all your work with cutting these bullets in half?
That sort of thing is in work, but in m so busy with work and family life I feel like it'll never get done lol.

I appreciate the kind words and I'm still slowly working on getting more done. It's taken way more time than usual lately 🤦🏻‍♂️😒.

@Petey308 aka Mr. Warthog, looking forward to seeing some of the other sectioned bullets. Thanks for doing all of this, greatly appreciated.
It's honestly a bit embarrassing how long it's taken me to get to all the bullets that poured in last fall from people here. I still have a ton to do and I'm getting ready for a month long work trip soon 🤦🏻‍♂️.

I promise I will get to them though asap.

It's honestly a bit embarrassing how long it's taken me to get to all the bullets that poured in last fall from people here. I still have a ton to do and I'm getting ready for a month long work trip soon 🤦🏻‍♂️.

I promise I will get to them though asap.

No hurry sir, your service comes first always. Stay safe and God bless.

Luis

just subscribing. plan to reload some 6.5CM (20" barrel AR) and im trying to decide which bullet to use. Whitetails from close range to about 200yds most realistically, and target shooting.
deer fever takes hold of me, so realistically i would use a bullet that can handle just soft tissue or a shoulder shot, at 25yds or 200yds. seems there is no one size fits all for that.

just subscribing. plan to reload some 6.5CM (20" barrel AR) and im trying to decide which bullet to use. Whitetails from close range to about 200yds most realistically, and target shooting.
deer fever takes hold of me, so realistically i would use a bullet that can handle just soft tissue or a shoulder shot, at 25yds or 200yds. seems there is no one size fits all for that.
130tmk would be a fantastic bullet for hunting whitetail, as would a 130 eldm. Both will reliably expand down to 1700fps and the extra velocity of the light bullet from you're short barrel gasser would be ideal.

For what it's worth, a close friend I hunt with used the TGK this season on whitetails and has shot four so far. They all ran and a couple took a second shot. And none were more than 150 yards.

I'm just not a big fan of how little the TGK expands vs the TMK. Not enough resistance from a whitetail to help either.

If you use the TGK, lighter for caliber is best and some extra impact velocity helps too. He was using the 165gr in a 308. That bullet in a 300wm or similar cartridge would have been better, or a 175gr TMK (or heavier) in the 308.

For what it's worth, a close friend I hunt with used the TGK this season on whitetails and has shot four so far. They all ran and a couple took a second shot. And none were more than 150 yards.

I'm just not a big fan of how little the TGK expands vs the TMK. Not enough resistance from a whitetail to help either.

If you use the TGK, lighter for caliber is best and some extra impact velocity helps too. He was using the 165gr in a 308. That bullet in a 300wm or similar cartridge would have been better, or a 175gr TMK (or heavier) in the 308.
TMK hands down is the winner for deer. They perform like the Amax and ELD-M.

TMK hands down is the winner for deer. They perform like the Amax and ELD-M.
I've had more overall success (particularly when really examining all there is to see on the necropsy), with TMKs vs the AMAX/ELDM.

The TMK has just a slightly thicker jacket (.026") vs the AMAX/ELDM (.024") but the TMK has a slightly larger tip and this frontal surface area and cavity. It balances out expansion vs penetration quite well.

I just with Sierra would pump out a few more TMK options. Some heavier 30cal options, a ~300gr in .338", etc would be great. I've talked to Tommy Todd, their chief ballistician, and he's assured me it's coming eventually.