Very informative posts, the info here does a lot to connect the dots on why people are raving about the performance of the tmk on game. I shot a lot of deer with the 117 gameking at high velocity and close range, it's reassuring to know that the tmk has essentially the same internal construction. Definitely buying some to try out if they're ever in stock.

I like the good ole standard SMK

Attachments

• 553D07C2-8E75-49DF-AC30-86026E480D56.jpeg
    553D07C2-8E75-49DF-AC30-86026E480D56.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 86
Lots of bullets are impossible to find right now. I hate it lol.
I tend to find some of these bullets at Estate sales & online occasionally. Not to mention powder & primers. So look at your local Merchandiser for estate sales. They usually list reloading supplies, guns, etc. You can also bid on some of these auctions online. No need to be present. But you will have to pay some extra costs, shipping, etc. I just started reloading. And it has saved me a good bit of money. I do get things I don't want in certain lots. But you can always resell or give it away. And it's a nice way to meet other people.

I tend to find some of these bullets at Estate sales & online occasionally. Not to mention powder & primers. So look at your local Merchandiser for estate sales. They usually list reloading supplies, guns, etc. You can also bid on some of these auctions online. No need to be present. But you will have to pay some extra costs, shipping, etc. I just started reloading. And it has saved me a good bit of money. I do get things I don't want in certain lots. But you can always resell or give it away. And it's a nice way to meet other people.
Yeah that's definitely I'll admit I don't think about it just feel like it's more of a hassle. I'm probably hurting myself though with that logic. I need to do better about that, so thanks for bringing that up.

Yeah that's definitely I'll admit I don't think about it just feel like it's more of a hassle. I'm probably hurting myself though with that logic. I need to do better about that, so thanks for bringing that up
And some at least in my area have chuck wagons. Some really good breakfast sandwiches, etc. lol
And for someone that wants to cut a bullet in half. Why not cut the cost in half also ?

And some at least in my area have chuck wagons. Some really good breakfast sandwiches, etc. lol
And for someone that wants to cut a bullet in half. Why not cut the cost in half also ?
Yeah, good points. I just to find the time lol. I'm lucky to even get the time to cut bullets apart, let alone go looking for them lol. For example, so far all day today I've been at the soccer fields watching my kids play. Always something lol.

Yeah, good points. I just to find the time lol. I'm lucky to even get the time to cut bullets apart, let alone go looking for them lol. For example, so far all day today I've been at the soccer fields watching my kids play. Always something lol.
Maybe you could post what type of bullets you would be interested in cutting apart ? I am not sure if you're just interested in Sierra ? Or is there others ? Or are you just doing ones you have the most experience with ? And are you doing just certain calibers, etc ? I would guess you have a better selection than me. But I would be willing to help if possible. I may run across something at the estate sales that I have no need for but you may.

Maybe you could post what type of bullets you would be interested in cutting apart ? I am not sure if you're just interested in Sierra ? Or is there others ? Or are you just doing ones you have the most experience with ? And are you doing just certain calibers, etc ? I would guess you have a better selection than me. But I would be willing to help if possible. I may run across something at the estate sales that I have no need for but you may.
It started with me just doing those I had interest in, but now I've started making it into a resource for others. I've had several people request to have me section bullets for them already, and then several others offer to send me bullets for posting here for the whole community.

I'm willing to do anything anyone want me to do. I decided will all the ones I've done, and with more requested and sent to me, I'd work on making a big shadow board with them all laid out to put in my shop. I might have storefront someday and it would be a nice piece to have on display. I'm also working on a book and all the pictures and dimensions will go in that as well.

I'm grateful to anyone willing to send me things, even if it's just something they want done.

It started with me just doing those I had interest in, but now I've started making it into a resource for others. I've had several people request to have me section bullets for them already, and then several others offer to send me bullets for posting here for the whole community.

I'm willing to do anything anyone want me to do. I decided will all the ones I've done, and with more requested and sent to me, I'd work on making a big shadow board with them all laid out to put in my shop. I might have storefront someday and it would be a nice piece to have on display. I'm also working on a book and all the pictures and dimensions will go in that as well.

I'm grateful to anyone willing to send me things, even if it's just something they want done.
Do you have a blog site with all the bullets you have done so far ? So as not to be redundant. And sending you things you don't need. Or already done. Possibly like a log with lot numbers of the bullets ? Or would this be the wrong way to go about it ?

Do you have a blog site with all the bullets you have done so far ? So as not to be redundant. And sending you things you don't need. Or already done. Possibly like a log with lot numbers of the bullets ? Or would this be the wrong way to go about it ?
This site has actually been one of my main "blogs" lol. You should be able to go through all of my threads with this link:

But I'll try to compile a list of what I've done as well.