I guarantee you'll never cause a solid copper shank to explode completely into fragments. I feel confident to guarantee that the trophy bonded tip and woodleigh weldcore will never just pencil though at anything over 1800 fps nor will they blow apart regardless of velocity. I guarantee that the massive plastic tips on the 30 cal 225 eld m and 195 tmk specifically are covering massive hollow points on thin jackets that result in all hell breaking loose inside the body cavity even well under 1800 fps.

I feel there's no guarantees of anything with the tgk/gamechanger design in comparison to many other options. Not saying it won't work (It obviously does).

Again, thanks for all your documentation of bullet sections on our behalf.
It is still possible to get copper to fragment into pieces and lighter versions with shorter shanks (low SD) can leave not much left but fragments.

Here are some examples:

10205F9D-A394-43E4-A2F7-72D9362EAE3D.jpeg
590EFF29-66EB-4E12-BCE4-75CB69BA2DE2.jpeg

All bullets have limits and particular considerations to take into account. Understanding those things so you can make an informed decision and bullet selection is what's important here and the main point.

Very informative post sir and I love the pictures included. I've used the TMK's quite a bit and have had very good results with them Thank you for taking the time to put this together and posting it here.
You're welcome. I'm glad you found it informative. A heavy for caliber TMK is currently a favorite combo for me.

Thats not good news. I loaded some (.284 165 TGK) to 3000 MV for WT deer for 200-300 yd average range. Only hunted paper so far. Id hate to loose that much meat.

Nice work with the sectioning.
It looks like a lot, but honestly it was less than 2lbs of meat lost and not the best meat anyways. Better than losing the whole deer from a poor performing bullet 😉

Thank for sharing all this information @Petey308.

Gamekings and Matchkins have shot well in every rifle we've had, consistently accurate bullets.

The 160gr TMK shoots between 0.015" and 0.03" every day in my silhouette rifle. The plan on is to try them in my hunting 7mm-08 for deer and javelina, when I can find some more.
That's a great bullet and the same customer that shot the deer with the TGK was previously using the 160gr TMK and killed several deer with it with great success and performance. He just wanted to try the TGK.

I can relate. Plus all the sports my kids do. Someday I'll have that kind of time, I hope lol
Yup, son's soccer and now getting him shooting, takes whatever minute we have left. But wouldn't have it any other way.
My four kids are all close together, oldest 5, middle turns four next week, and the youngest are twins, two years old. There was a one month window in 2020 where we had 4 children under the age of 3 haha. Suffice to say the last years haven't seen much time for this hobby. No regrets of course.

But now what's the biggest time killer is the game of "musical germs" they be playing all the time haha! There is never not at least one sick person in my dang house!!!!!

Recent Posts