Sierra Tipped Gameking (TGK) GameChanger Bullets

Game King and tipped game kings are a softer bullet per sierra. Sierra recommends them out past 300 yards when the velocity starts to drop off. Out past 400 yards they are a good bullet on high MV cartridges. Better bullets to use for shorter distance shots such as a 200 yard shot on a hog. I use them and find them accurate with a good load work up.

I emailed Sierra earlier in the year and the TGK 140 grain .264 will reliably expand down to 1800 FPS according to the rep. That puts me at about 740 yards per my ballistic table.

My buddy shot his first deer in Utah recently and used the factory Sierra 30-06 with 165 grain Gamechanger bullet. Not sure of the velocity, but he hit a young deer in the left shoulder at approx 130 yards. Bullet blew up on the shoulder and did not penetrate the ribcage. Made a mess of the shoulder. I couldn't believe that the 165 grain bullet couldn't make it into the rib cage at that range. I'm sure performance would have been great if he shot a few more inches back and missed the shoulder, but again was pretty surprised that 165 grains didn't make it through at 130 yard shot. I'll try to find the photo to post, but it isn't pretty!

Attachments

• B37F62E3-B017-4B29-ADFE-EB0C54AB88FF.jpeg
    B37F62E3-B017-4B29-ADFE-EB0C54AB88FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
My buddy shot his first deer in Utah recently and used the factory Sierra 30-06 with 165 grain Gamechanger bullet. Not sure of the velocity, but he hit a young deer in the left shoulder at approx 130 yards. Bullet blew up on the shoulder and did not penetrate the ribcage. Made a mess of the shoulder. I couldn't believe that the 165 grain bullet couldn't make it into the rib cage at that range. I'm sure performance would have been great if he shot a few more inches back and missed the shoulder, but again was pretty surprised that 165 grains didn't make it through at 130 yard shot. I'll try to find the photo to post, but it isn't pretty!
Wow! I had a 150 LRAB do the same thing but it was at 3150' out of a 270 SS.
Im surprised the game changer was that explosive!

Them bullets suck. Ain't no other way to put it.