Sierra Tipped Gameking (TGK) GameChanger Bullets

Loaded the Gamechanger for my grandson's.243. Very good accuracy. Waiting for him to draw a tag to try them. Also shooting the TMK in my 300 Win Mag. Tried RL26 and was impressed. I need to test some more charges yet.

Like many other soft bullets, the Gamechangers will also fragment on impact at close range when pushed at magnum speeds.
This was not my experience on a mule deer buck at 65 yards, bullet made it through
130 tgk muzzle velocity 3300- impact velocity of ~ 3200
Exit wound smaller than fist, vitals liquid lungs popped. No jacket or lead in the gut pile or carcass.
Closer to accubond performance than eld-x or traditional cup n core

This was not my experience on a mule deer buck at 65 yards, bullet made it through
130 tgk muzzle velocity 3300- impact velocity of ~ 3200
Exit wound smaller than fist, vitals liquid lungs popped. No jacket or lead in the gut pile or carcass.
Closer to accubond performance than eld-x or traditional cup n core

Was it a shoulder shot or double lung behind the shoulder? TIA

IF, for some reason, the 140 grain, Berger Classic Hunters, don't "work", in my .270 WSM, I'll be trying, those, Sierra TGK's
and, the Nosler 150 gr Ballistic Tip's, for, "Boiler Room", shots on, Elk & Moose.
No more, "Hard', Bonded bullets for, me !
I have lots of, "Faith' in the Bergers, tho ! They do, "shoot",.. NICE !

Last edited:
130 gr gamechangers at 264 win mag velocities suck. They vaporize into dust and get p-poor penetration. Maybe at needmore velocities they might be ok. Accurate, yes. Other than that nope. I shot 3 out of my 264 into milkjugs. Gave the other 97 away, and would've thrown em' away had a friend of mine not wanted them for his grendel.

Dang wish I had known I would have taken them lol

I got 2900 FPS with the 140 grain Sierra TGK 6.5 over 46.9 grains of Superformance out of my 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka T3x today. No stiff bolt and no ejector marks. I found my hunting load.

I have not shot the 140's because I loaded the 130's first in my 6.5 CM. One game shot is all I have but performance was very Accubond-like . One shot drop in tracks at 175 yards on a very large (212# dressed wt.) whitetail. Still haven't shot the 140's because this target is what they will do at the range. Best hunting/accuracy combo I have found so far.
Best CM.jpg

The 140s shoot great out of my saum. Ran them out to 750 on steel bc seems fairly close to advertised.
Taking it to wy monday to antelope hunt and then over to sd for deer. Will report on game performace

Wish i could ger some 130s.

Game King and tipped game kings are a softer bullet per sierra. Sierra recommends them out past 300 yards when the velocity starts to drop off. Out past 400 yards they are a good bullet on high MV cartridges. Better bullets to use for shorter distance shots such as a 200 yard shot on a hog. I use them and find them accurate with a good load work up.