Sierra tipped gameking (gamechanger) feedback.

I don't think they have thicker jackets at all. I think they're the worst bullet I've ever shot thru my 264 win mag. Running them through my milk jug test at 100 yards, they only penetrated to the 3rd jug, and all that was left was dust and tiny pieces of copper jacket. My 257 Robert's with 100 grain bullets even makes it to the 4th jug and retains about 70% of weight. I bought a box of 100 to try. Loaded up 3 rounds with same load as I load swift sciroccos. Shot 2 to see if they were about the same poi as the swift's, which they were, and shot the 3rd round into the jugs. The other 97, I gave away. I'm done with sierra anything. For hunting, I'll take swifts any day over anything. Killed a 300 lb boar hog last fall with my ruger no 1 in 25-06, and 100 gr swift a-frame. Dont get any better than that.
I don't doubt anything you stated. Whats strange is that I read some guys had them to pencil through game without expansion and others reported over expansion & blowup as you saw. I wonder if some of those guys were actually shooting the tipped match king and got mixed up thinking they were a tipped game king.

sounds like reviews for most bullets as we all know impact velocity means a heck of alot when it comes to bullet performance as far as accuracy they are going to shoot great in some rifles and like crap in others as I stated earlier I found other style sierra bullets easier to tune in comparison to the tipped in the rifles I tried them in, the next rifle may be a different story. I believe sierra has always made great bullets for hunting along as they are used at the speeds they were designed for

I don't doubt anything you stated. Whats strange is that I read some guys had them to pencil through game without expansion and others reported over expansion & blowup as you saw. I wonder if some of those guys were actually shooting the tipped match king and got mixed up thinking they were a tipped game king.
Doubt it. I shoot TMKs also and have killed several deer with them. Same results. Couple bullets did fragment pretty bad but destroyed the vitals. Couple others were not found and some stayed together. More about what the bullet makes contact with in the deer. SMKs do well for me also.

I have noticed that impact velocities below 2300 seem to have better bullet performance tho. Best has been in my 308. My 6.5-284 has had more of a variety of bullet performance differences but speeds are much faster on impact.

I'm a huge Sierra HPBT Gameking fan because of how well they shoot in every gun I use them in. I couldn't wait to try these new bullets When they were introduced! Well, I have gone Through three boxes of the 165's trying to get a load to shoot in my 7mags along with two boxes of the 150's. I have tried every powder, primers and seating depths to no avail..... same story with my 280 Ackley and same story with the 30 caliber 165's out of my 30-06 sako that shoots half minute with almost everything. I am pretty disappointed to say the least because I think they would be the perfect bullet for my needs.... I'm open for any suggestions to get them to shoot.
Can't agree more!

Where did the seating depth tune on them? Long jump or closer?
for the 165 308s I seated them at magazine length since i'm shooting them from a Ruger American rifle. I never tried them out of my AR-10 or Remington 700.

For the 7mm Mag I did the same for the Tikka.

The 270 Win I started with seating them per SAAMI length and found decent results but I haven't finished working up the load for them yet though.

I will go through my reloading notes after I finish my Honey-dos

When the game changers first come out I bought some to try in my 7mm STW & my Sons 6.5 X 284. I found them rather easy to work lots up for! The antelope in my picture is the first animal I took using them, & My Son also took his 1st antelope with them. I have taken several deer with them & he has as well, we both found them very accurate. Every thing we have taken has been 1 shot kills with the bullets doing there job well . I shot a doe standing looking at me & recovered the bullet,& a buck quartering a way that I recovered the bullet on as well. If I remember right both deer were only 150 yards & the bullets recovered retained almost half the original 165 gr weight one bullet 81
20210124_110837.jpg
20210124_111033.jpg
grs the other 82 grs.

When the game changers first come out I bought some to try in my 7mm STW & my Sons 6.5 X 284. I found them rather easy to work lots up for! The antelope in my picture is the first animal I took using them, & My Son also took his 1st antelope with them. I have taken several deer with them & he has as well, we both found them very accurate. Every thing we have taken has been 1 shot kills with the bullets doing there job well . I shot a doe standing looking at me & recovered the bullet,& a buck quartering a way that I recovered the bullet on as well. If I remember right both deer were only 150 yards & the bullets recovered retained almost half the original 165 gr weight one bullet 81View attachment 244936View attachment 244937 grs the other 82 grs.
Pretty identical results for me as well concerning kills. Fast and effective along with top accuracy. Unfortunately not everyone is seeing this. Just like the Berger hunting bullets and the staunch followers swearing they are the best hunting bullets on the planet. I have heard of excellent results and just the opposite. I know a few guys that have had pencil entrance/exits. No blood and a long night finding the animal. I haven't had that issue with Berger's. While there are great recovery stories, there are some disastrous ones.

I'm a huge Sierra HPBT Gameking fan because of how well they shoot in every gun I use them in. I couldn't wait to try these new bullets When they were introduced! Well, I have gone Through three boxes of the 165's trying to get a load to shoot in my 7mags along with two boxes of the 150's. I have tried every powder, primers and seating depths to no avail..... same story with my 280 Ackley and same story with the 30 caliber 165's out of my 30-06 sako that shoots half minute with almost everything. I am pretty disappointed to say the least because I think they would be the perfect bullet for my needs.... I'm open for any suggestions to get them to shoot.
same story in my 280ai, shoot OK in my 7-08 but not like 150 ballistic tip. 165@2800 in 7mm08 are sledgehammers though

When I increased the seating depth from .020 off to ,030 off the lands my groups almost halved in size down to 0,22 MOA at 100 m and still held to 0.44 MOA at 400 m. This was in a 6.5-284 Norma with Rel 26. I also use the same 130 gr TGK in a 6.5x 55 also .030 off the lands and it is shooting <0.5 MOA at 100 m with Rel 23. Finding an accurate load with 6.5 130 gr TGK in my rifles was rather easy.
Similar experience with 130 gr Gamechanger/TGK in my 6.5x55 - started at .015 off lands but accuracy really improved at .045. Groups are now consistently sub-moa. Took a nice pronghorn and 2 whitetail bucks - all between 200 and 300 yards and bullet performance was perfect (pass throughs) with none recovered. MV is 2775 fps safe load of R22.