Sierra Stand Behind Product

Mysticplayer

During testing with my new Ultra mag, I was using 240gr MK and not getting very good accuracy. Burnt a lot of powder and did all sorts of tweaks but groups were poor with many wild flyers. Considering the quality of barrel and install, it was confusing.

Eventually bought another box of bullets and groups shrank. Problem, orig bullet not good.

Had a good talk with Duane at their tech dept and he asked for samples which I sent. After a few weeks of their testing, they confirmed what I already knew, bullets out of whack. They have since sent me another box of 240gr MK which replaces those goofey ones. Unfortunately, they wouldn't replace the powder and components spent in my testing.

So overall, I am happy with them standing behind their product. Too bad their QC let out some bad ones. I guess with mass production, it happens sometimes.

Thanks to Sierra and my cannon is very happy with its new diet.

Jerry

Nighthawk, yes it is a RUM with a 35" barrel.

Winter is setting in so not much shooting but hopefully, get a chance over the Xmas break.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.