Sierra Matchkings on game thread on Accurate Reloading

While I have no personal experience with
the match kings on game I have a customer
who routinely uses them on moose out of
a 338 378 and he is very pleased with the
performance at various ranges.

Ross

I had to restrain myself from signing up for that forumn and giving Bill T a piece of my mind.

That guy's basic problem is that he can't do it and to admit to himself that others can would be a serious blow to his fragile male ego. Guys are so predicatable sometimes, it makes me sick.

My wife could outshoot Bill T with her factory 30-06 Mod 70 with a 10x scope, shooting it off a bipod. Using this rifle and my handloads, I shot a 7" group at 500m. The rifle cost under $400 and is so lightweight we had to add a recoil absorder to make it less painful to shoot. So much for Bill T's $3000 heavy bench rifle making up for shooting skill theory.

It really must suck to be so narrow minded and lacking self-respect. He must have very limited expectations if he can't even imagine being able to shoot at distance.

Someone should have taken that guy up on his 200yd .22 rimfire bet. I have killed gophers at that range with a .22 and it is definately easier said than done.

Having gone through all that, about Sierra MK's, I am going to try the Nosler J4 match bullets on deer. They shoot really well in the 30-06 mentioned above and I figure that 168gr of lead and copper ought to do in just about any deer as long as the bullet is placed properly.

A while back Dave King said something to me that I think has a lot of truth to it. He said that all you have to do is poke a hole in a deer's lungs and/or vitals and it is going to die reasonably quickly.

Peter Cronhelm

PS THANK YOU for this forumn where we don't have to listen to the likes of Bill T and his friends.

Peter I agree I often wonder how Muzzloaders using pure lead balls could kill a fly the way some of these people act! I don't think they ever realized the slower impact velocities, range, accuracy of rifles, etc...

Narrow minded...

Mike

Hi Bob.... Ditto on Boyds comment.. sit back relax and feel at home..

I have learned more in 3 months here than I have in 30 years of hunting and 3 years of reloading....
come to think of it I'm afraid my head might pop.....

What's the latest over there? I haven't even bothered to look at that thread since I said "goodbye"...

Are all those who can't and haven't and don't know how still trying to rule the shooting world?

It's over 250+ posts now. I stepped out of it a while back. Darryl, Boyd, Dave King, and a few others pretty much mopped up the slop lately.

I wanted so bad to take Bill T up on his offer, but I'd hate to travel to AZ only to have him no-show.

I need to spend more time here...

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Gary Rihn ]

Hello, this is my first post on this site and
I must say it is really refreshing to be able
to read and tell of one's experience without
getting dogged out of town. So I'll say it.

Over on shooters I posted how I put down a
mule deer at a little over 500 while it ran
from me at an angle. I raked him from liver
to front shoulder with a 180 out of a 06/m721
I was using a 4x Unertal.

Bill T and others told me I was drunk and full of you know what. He may live in Arizona
BUT he is not from Arizona. I am though.

Look forward to learning a lot from you guys.

It appears Bill T didn't like the results at accuratereloading.com, so he started the thread again on huntamerica.com in the riflesmithing section.

Will someone please send him a video and shut him up?
grin.gif

Just read all 7 pages of the SMK thing..
DC and all the guys from here should have some medal awarded to them, Very few on that board could " put their money where their mouth is" like you guys can....

I think someone already said this.But I will say it again.
Thanks guys, for this sight.
dave

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.