Sierra Infinity Mobile Version 1

Cordell

Looking for some help with this one.

Sierra came out with a Mobile version of their Infinity program. Would I be able to use a Pocket PC from 2002 to use this program in the field, or would I need a new one? I am a Techno Tard and need help from you Techno Nerds.

Any help/input would be great.

Sierra Bullets - The Bulletsmiths

I jumped in and ordered the Infinity Mobile program and a Del Axim X51 (newer than what I was originally looking at). I have never seen the Nightforce program (Palm or PC version) in use so I will not have much to compare to.

Once I get it all up and running I will post my results.

In the mean time if any of you hear anything about this program or PDA, please pass it on to me so I will have a heads up.

I have used an older version of the Infinity program on my PC for years with the MOA info and have really liked using it.

I'll keep you all up to date on how it works for me.

Last edited:
The Dell X51 PDA came on Thursday and the Infinity Mobile came on Friday. I have only had a few days to explore and learn the program. It has a small help section for each window.

It has a bigger bullet library than I expected and is located in a drop down menu. You can change the BC and the velocity boundaries for each of the 5 BC's.

It has a Zero mode and a field mode, and the best surprise for me is the .22 rimfire bullets. I did not expect this. The other ballistics program I have is from 2001, also a Sierra Infinity program, and did not know anyone had info on the Rimfire rounds.

The program has adjustments in 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 MOA. It also has a setting for Mil holds.

This is the only mobile program I have ever had/used and it is all new, I may have to get a more up to date program for my PC. It looks like Sierras math has improved and my old program is not as accurate as the new one.

Hope this helps anyone that had questions about the Sierra mobile program. Once I am able to get to the range after load development I will let you know how it is working for me then.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.