Sierra GameChanger review from NZ

I shot a cow elk at about 100 yards with a Sierra Gamechanger just a few days ago. It was the .308 dia. 165 gr. bullet with 56 grs. of H4350 loaded as a 30-06. The bullet went right through the heart leaving a fairly small hole on each side. I did not recover the bullet. I have seen other brands of bullets do much more damage to an animals heart. Hopefully you can see my attached photos.
2018-11-30 12.11.16.jpg
2018-11-30 12.08.11.jpg
2018-11-30 12.06.47.jpg

Any more field reports? It looks like the first reviewer had good luck and his impact velocities were higher than the instance of the cow elk. Maybe the bullet requires higher velocities or maybe the 165 has a heavier jacket though I can't see why it would

Sierra .277 150gr boattails were my introduction to premium performance. I had just started handloading in the early eighties and was shooting 130's in my model 70 Winchester and getting good results to about a inch at a hundred. I picked up a box of 150 gr. Sierra boattails and loaded them up . At that time I had a range in the back and could not believe the first three shot group I shot. All three bullets touched each other and I thought to myself it had to be a fluke ! After a short cooling period it proved to be par for the course and with shot strings averaging 2939 FPS I had a very productive hunting rifle. That rifle took many white tails , antelope and mule deer . Bullet performance was excellent with great penatration and weight retention on the few times I recovered the bullet.

That was one of the best hunting stories and product reviews I've ever read!
NZ is one of the few places I'd still like to get to.

That was one of the best hunting stories and product reviews I've ever read!
NZ is one of the few places I'd still like to get to.
GO! I got to hunt on Mt. Cecil near Canterbury(where Winnie was reporting from). It was really really fun. After hunting, climbed on Mt. Cook and drove all over the island and hiked for three weeks. The greatest place I've ever been! When I go back, I'm not gonna hunt estate stags, but rather do it myself (I want chamois). Their DOC is really amazing as well. Most of the developed hiking trails (tracks) have huts with wood and water every ten or so miles. I'm rambling. I'm sure Winnie could give you a much more accurate assessment, but I had to chime in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.