Sierra GameChanger 140 Grain 6.5 No Blood Trail

Speer Hot Cor is a really good bullet and has been around for years.
They have good frontal expansion and penetrate and hold together well (maybe not quite as good as Partition). Some used to refer to them as the poor mans partition.
Very inexpensive alternative with today's prices and availability.

Is the Sierra Tipped Game King the same as the Sierra Gamechanger? are they two different bullets"?
I asked this question because of some negative reviews on the "Game Changer" and got an answer that the "GameChanger" is not the same as the "Tipped Game King".
We traded/sold/gave away over 1,700 SGK 6.5mm 140gr earlier this year to members on this site because they need for this 2021 Hunting season. We did make some trades for the TGK 6.5 in 130gr and 140gr and was hoping to use on white tail in the future. Hopefully the TGK are working well for hunters that have them and use them. Now our stock of the 6.5 SGK 140gr is very low. It seems like they weren't available for the past few years and not looking good for the near future.
We hope everyone that we sent the SGK 6.5 140gr had/having a good hunting season and post some pictures of the nice Elk/Deer they harvested.
If you have results on the 6.5mm TGK in 130gr or 140gr let us all know.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Speer Hot Cor is a really good bullet and has been around for years.
They have good frontal expansion and penetrate and hold together well (maybe not quite as good as Partition). Some used to refer to them as the poor mans partition.
Very inexpensive alternative with today's prices and availability.

Yes! I shot a bull with a 30cal 180gr with about 2700fps impact, slightly quartering. Hit a rib on the way in, dropped the bull within 40 yards with 1 shot, and found the bullet under the opposite side hide, with about 60% weight retention and a perfect mushroom.

That being said, I have some 145gr .284 hot cors that actually measure .283.... So there's that. They still shoot well though!

Last month with a 6.5/284, I ran a 140 Speer Hot Cor 22" through a 200+ pound whitetail.
Quartered away, went in though the last rib and travelled through lungs and out of the opposite shoulder partially broke skin and hung up half way out. Jelly in the middle and quarter size hole through top shoulder.
Didn't go far.
I have some in 6, 6.5 and 30 cal.
Will get some 145's to try in my 284 Win next.
I have some top shelf projectiles as well but keep using these to save my "good" bullets and haven't found a reason to stop using them yet! Lol!

As to TGK being different than Game changer.... They don't seem to differentiate the two now. The information is the same for the 180tgk.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/product/30-caliber-165-gr-tgk/
Thanks
I reckon that we will have to make our own opinion on these Sierra TGK. I'll just have Jill go out back and shoot a buck or two for some meat and see the results. With just having my spinal SCS implant don't want to mess with processing the deer. We do it all from field dressing, cutting up, grinding, packing, smoking, freezer pack. Maybe wait another week.
Thanks

I might try some Speer Gold Dots.

The Nosler Partitions look crazy expensive on Midway. $68 for a box of 50?
On the scene this season as 2 mule deer bucks were taken with the 140 SGD from a Tikka T3x 6.5 CM, both animals in the 300 yard range, one neck shot (my son's, not planned, just how it happened) that completely passed through including the spine and exited, the other was through the vitals, broke ribs going in and out and exited. My son's deer dropped immediately and the other ran about 30 yards. I was impressed enough to buy more as soon as they came available. Muzzle velocity was 2775 using RL16.

Is Speer owned by Federal? Speer's website looks very similar to Federal's site and the Speer Gold Dot looks a lot like a Federal Fusion.
It looks like it. I've bought federal mil-spec gold dot loaded ammo before but can't confirm if Speer is owned by Federal.
Speer still sells the same yellow box bullets with same labels.
Federal Fusion line looks alot like Gold Dot bullet.

I shoot Sierra 120gr Pro Hunters out of my 1-9 twist 260. The deer I killed this year was about 125 yards and slightly quartering to me. The shot turned his heart into mush before exiting, leaving about a half dollar sized hole. He walked about 10 steps and laid down and expired.

I somehow got lucky and found a box of 200gr SGK in late September. I didn't get to harvest with them, but I felt lucky finding them

I once shot a javelina with a 7mm TCU out of a10" Contender barrel, and watched it walk away. The second shot went through a shoulder and killed it. I was using rifle bullets and the velocity wasn't enough to expand them. I switched to varmit bullets, and have dropped them in their tracks every time since. It pays to match the velocity to the to the bullet and the game. Expensive bullets like Barnes and Partitions will expand at both low and high velocity. But high velocity really isn't necessary for deer, or any other animal for that matter. Consider the 30-30. In the old days, it was considered fine for elk. Americans got magnumitis because of the flat shooting, which allowed for longer shots.

I once shot a javelina with a 7mm TCU out of a10" Contender barrel, and watched it walk away. The second shot went through a shoulder and killed it. I was using rifle bullets and the velocity wasn't enough to expand them. I switched to varmit bullets, and have dropped them in their tracks every time since. It pays to match the velocity to the to the bullet and the game. Expensive bullets like Barnes and Partitions will expand at both low and high velocity. But high velocity really isn't necessary for deer, or any other animal for that matter. Consider the 30-30. In the old days, it was considered fine for elk. Americans got magnumitis because of the flat shooting, which allowed for longer shots.

What is a 7mm "TCU"?
Just want to see what everyone is talking about since this "Post" is about Sierra GameChangers Bullets!
I wanted to see if they are same as the Sierra TGK that I traded for-Did I make a mistake trading our 6.5 SGK 140gr #1730. Probably so. But hope the people that got the #1730 had good luck with Elk, deer or bear.