Sierra Bullets

HeskethPritchard

Guys

My favorite BOOM stick just loves Sierra heads giving me sub 1/2 MOA at 100yds.

So hopefully you can appreciate my desire to get my hands on more off my favorite Sierra 140g 6.5mm SPBT heads. There are no stocks anywhere in the UK and the leadtime I'm told is getting close to christmas... from the USA to the UK hopefully and I'm down to my last 50 heads.

Does anyone know answers to the following questions:

1. Cableas have them in stock, do they or will they ship them to the UK?

2. Do you know of anywhere else that will sell them and ship them to me?

I understand from pleading with the UK importers that the reason is because of the conflicts going on in the world and the US military have increased their ammo requirements four fold, which your gonna need to do if we are to kick some *** in the world which I endorse naturally. I just don't want to start my load development all over again with another bullet especially when I done the work and know what my baby loves.

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks in advance.

HP

We have the English version called ASDA Walmart bought them out but they dont sell hunting gear and definately not ammo or heads. Guns etc are about as popular here as a fart in a spaceship, the last box I bought I had to drive over 160 miles just to pick them up and I was told those were the last in the UK!

Can anyone help all I want is a lead??

Sportsmans Warehouse has them, at least in Provo, UT. I bought a bunch of the 123's the other day and noticed that they had the 140's.

You can check Cabelas on line. If they don't have them, maybe I can pick some up and ship, though they do weigh a bit!

Bill

You may wish to check out MidwayUK.com.
I was bored and called midway usa to see it they shipped to the UK and they said no but they did have a company in the UK. I don't buy bullets from them because I have a sheels, sportsmans and gander local. However, I do order most of my specialty items from them. They have a huge selection of ammo, bullets, gun parts, accesories. Not all of the products that they offer are really high quality. (you just have to know what you want before you make your order). Good luck.
Mark

Thanks guys for all your help.

MidwayUK can't import them cos we got an official importer here in the UK and his order has been in for four months. He was telling me he places an order for approx $100,000 US but it never gets filled all in one go or, he gets it dribs and drabs and never gets all of what he orders, now with the wars going on its getting worse. I spoke to another dealer this am and he told me that he was expecting a delivery in 3 weeks, I then reminded him he told me the same thing three months ago,... go figure.

At this rate I will be shooting dear with SMK's we got loads of those in the UK cos getting to a range to shoot is getting harder and harder.

I'll keep trying.

Hesketh - Due to a changing world there is an ever increasing amount of product that can't be shipped out of the U.S. into Canada without export permits and many U.S. suppliers don't want to go thru the hassle. The last time I inquired about bullets I was told they couldn't be shipped to Canada. There could be the same problem getting stuff shipped to the UK. I don't think there is any hassle to get bullets shipped from Canada to the UK so you may want to check with some Canadian suppliers. I was in the States a few weeks ago and was surprised there was little difference in the price between the two.

Bedrock

Do you know any outlets in Canada? I only know of Bass Pro and Cabela's in the USA.

Websites would be good.

Thanks

Sierra

Hesketh - Sorry to take so long, hunting season is open. I am in western Canada (Alberta) so here's a few places I am familiar with. If you go on Canadiagunnutz you will find a subscriber there by the name of P&D Enterprises. Many (like me) prefer to deal with them because of the service. They are in Edmonton, Alberta. Phone 780 420 6419. Also check out Wholesale Sports E-Commerce Store: FEATURED PRODUCTS Their mail order is based out of Calgary, Alberta E-mail is [email protected] - phone 403 253 5566 Third place is in Winnipeg, Manitoba called SIR. Try [email protected] - mailorder phone 204 788 4868 - store 204 786 8966 or toll free 1 800 265 6245. They show the bullet you're after at $32.99 Can. Order # 72053. Box of 100. Don't know how this stacks up against your prices but this gives you an idea if you want to persue this. SIR was recently bought by Cabelas. Hope this helps.

they're called "Projectiles" or "Bullets" i don't mean to pick but each time i read "heads" it's like driving a nail into my head.

Cabelas can be a pain in the *** to deal with if you live overseas, some things they will ship others they wont. For example i had to get a US member from on here to buy my RCBS scales and send them to me because cabelas wouldn't send RCBS stuff overseas! yet i could buy them here (they just would of cost $150 more :( )

Ice

Bullets here describe the whole round and projectiles are not used. Guess we are divided by a common language. I got headache pills if you need them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.