Sierra Bullets Has Been SOLD!!!

redleg1013

Sierra is not moving and will continue to manufacture the same bullets, on the same equipment, by the same people. I don't see any reason to rush to buy "old stock." There was mention of some new introductions to their kind, though. Clarus also own Safariland, and other outdoor businesses so I wouldn't worry about them being unfriendly to the second amendment.
Edited for my being a trigger happy idiot and clicking the wrong Clarus Group, computer consultants in Overland Park, KS

Rich Coyle

The photos show what I can find. They will be included with the press. The die set is a .360" point forming die. It looks like maybe a pistol bullet cavity with about a .180" - .200" meplat. Since I don't want to count the jackets I will call a total of 400. Also, there is a hand crank cannelure tool. The stuff in plastic is still sealed. That includes the "DIP LUBE".
20170830_161515_Film1.jpg
20170830_162102_Film1.jpg
20170830_161723_Film1.jpg
20170830_161758_Film1.jpg

Whitesheep

From the claruscorp.com website:

Clarus Corporation (NASDAQ: CLAR) is a holding company which seeks opportunities to acquire and grow businesses that can generate attractive shareholder returns. The Company has a substantial cash balances and net operating tax loss carryforwards which it is seeking to redeploy to maximize shareholder value in a diverse array of businesses. Its operating subsidiaries include Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd., PIEPS GmbH and Sierra Bullets L.L.C. Black Diamond Equipment is a manufacturer of active outdoor equipment and clothing for the climbing, skiing and mountain sports markets. PIEPS is a leading designer and marketer of avalanche beacons and snow safety products. Sierra Bullets is a manufacturer of high-quality bullets targeting outdoor sportsmen. For additional information, please visit the operating subsidiary websites at blackdiamondequipment.com, pieps.com, or sierrabullets.com.

If you backpack, climb, etc you know Black Diamond as a maker of high quality equipment. I don't know PIEPS, but they are in good company.

While it is always sad to see a "small" private company sell, I bet we will find them more competitive and responsive in the future. BTW Clarus is located in Texas. Not as pro 2A as AZ, but not bad.