Sierra Bullets answered my e-mail ---Did you Know This?

Eaglet

In the Sierra Boxes that I have for the 300 gr. MK 338 bullets, I just could not find the lot number no where. So I sent them an e-mail... here it is:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Javier Moncada to sierra
show details 12:59 AM (18 hours ago)
Dear Folks, I'm using Sierra Match king 300 gr bullets for the 338 caliber. 5 boxes of 50 rnds.

I'm having a hard time finding the lot number in the bullet box. Can you please

tell me where I can find it?

Sincerely,

Javier Moncada.

Now, here is their response:

Hello Javier,
If you have a plastic box, the lot # is figured from the sticker on the back side with the hinge. When you orient the numbers in an upright position, it will be the top line minus the last four numbers. Those last four numbers are the inspector and the packer. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks,
Philip
2e1zj36.jpg

Do you guys understand it the way I did?

I'm asking because originally I took the top number and subtracted the las four
number of the second number... but that's not what it says to do... don't know
what my brains took it that way.

I did not know about this, it's quite interesting. Did you know?

I interpret and follow the Sierra directions the same as you. At least I get the same Lot No. as you did. Just remove the last four numbers from the top number and that should be their Lot No.

I interpret and follow the Sierra directions the same as you. At least I get the same Lot No. as you did. Just remove the last four numbers from the top number and that should be their Lot No.

Thanks for reading Phorwath, that's mighty interesting to me, did you already
know this?

No, I didn't know that's how Sierra printed their Lot #s. They've all got their own techniques.

After I read your post, I inspected a box of 300 gr Sierra MK's on my reloading bench. Those last four numbers are the inspector and the packer and my last four numbers were 4848. So I guess number 48 inspected and packed my bullets. Now I'll know which numbers to record in my reloading logs to properly track the Sierra Lot No.s! :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.