Sierra bullet for 243 Win

Dannyd

I have been able to load both the Sierra 100g Prohunter and the 85g Gameking with very good accuracy results.

Which one is best for whitetail from 20-200 yards?

dan- i have killed quite a few mule deer bucks with the 85 sierra bthp. also the horn100 and several with a 95 partition. i would think with the same bullet placement the 85 sierra and 100 would be the same.

I personally would go with the 100 gr. You might get an angling shot on a big old buck and you will need the 100 gr to get to the vitals. When I deer hunted with a 243 I always used either the Rem 100 CL or Sierra and they always did a great job.

The best? That's a hard call. I don't think there would be a lot of difference from 20-200yds. My dad used the Speer 85gn boat tail (1213) and I've seen him make some fantastic shots on whitetails out to 500yds with this bullet. As "roninflag" indicated with the same shot placement the results would be the same. Dead deer. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.