Sierra Ballistics Program

samson

For the guys that have used sierra's program, how far off have the clicks been. Do you find that it is fairly accurate to 1000 yards?

I can't address the 1000 yard accuracy, but with a 22-250 it was good to 500, +/- 1/2 prarrie dog
grin.gif

The best thing you can do is test the charts. No program will have perfect results at long range. Bullets have different BC's depending on the gun they come out of and the software certainly can't predict that. Many other factors come to mind, but, if you make a chart, test it several times for the longer ranges so you are familiar with it. Then I adjust the BC numbers in the software to have the chart match my guns/bullets performance.

FWIW, I do use the Sierra Infinity, and still use the Sierra BALTEC Dos Version from long, long ago.

I use the Sierra program and with the Chrony I find it VERY accurate in adjustments out to 1K. It says I adjust X number of clicks for my 300 win mag 240gr. at 2750 to change "0" from 300yds. to 1000 and give or take 3 clicks its dead on.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.