Sierra .270 bullets-$5.44 per box

Ckgworks

I was going through the bullet cabinet today looking for misc bullets and pulled these out........ Anyone remember when $5.44 would buy you 100 bullets?
20210119_221342.jpg

Can't say I remember when, but I have several of the same Sierra boxes and also some Speer boxes ( the infamous non closable yellow ones) with similar prices that I inherited from my dad. Here in SW Washington, there was a locally famous store called Yard Birds and all my boxes were from their shelves.

I don't ever remember them that cheap. Want to double your money?

I just bought Hornady Interlock .277 130 gr for $15 per box 100 last week - new online. Based on inflation, and certainly the current climate, that might actually have you beat.

Funny, I had forgotten all about Yard Boys until you mentioned it! I'm betting these came from there or BI Mart. We never even owned a 270, but Dad would buy deals like this so if someone needed/wanted help reloading, there was something around the house. I must be cut from the same cloth, because there's still no .270 around, but lots of bullets. Maybe I should throw them on here and see if anyone needs them....

I have a few from different California locations from serria. both 308 168s. I also have some old solid base nosler that is under 10 but not as low as yours are.I have 1000ct primers for 7.99 and a qt size milk carton of 22lr that was 9.95 5000ct

I still think .22 Lr should be $4.95 per 500 like they used to be at Bi Mart. We used to swing in there and grab a couple bricks on the way out gopher hunting. Now I see them for 25-30 per brick and I pause remembering what used to be.

Those 110gr make good reduced loads for kids/women in 270 Win. Plus with the creation of 6.8 SPC and .277 Wolverine a few guys are looking for light weight .277 bullets.

However, out of all the calibers, .277 still hasn't commanded high prices like the 6.5, 7, and .308. Components and brass are still reasonable, and fairly easy to find. That's good for me, as I am a 270 guy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.