Sierra 168 gr. Match Kings For Deer?

If you're looking for match accuracy (or close to it) try Sierra GameKings. I've found them to be almost or equal to MatchKings out of 308's and 30-06's.

Years ago I was hunting Aoudad using a 300 Win mag. I came upon a goat at about 315 yards who was standing on a mountain top looking over a valley. I was shooting a 190 SMK in my rifle because it shot very well. I set up on the Aoudad and fired, it looked like a complete miss, so I fired again. This time the Aoudad moved a bit, but still did not drop, it looked as if I had missed all three times. I quickly grabbed some 180 Nosler BT's I had on my belt and put them in my rifle and fired, the Aoudad went down. Upon examination, the Aoudad had 3 pencil holes right behind his left leg no bigger around than a softball size group in and out. The Nosler BT left a hole about the size of my fist, lots of damage.

Needless to say, I never used 190 SMK's again in my 300. However, I have had great luck with them in my 338 RUM and 338 Lapua, but I am using 250 and 300 gains in the former and latter.

Just my 2 cents worth.

This is "real world testing" and backs up what I have found to be true with SMK's. Good post......Rich

i have shot coyotes with 70 mk out of a 243. accurate but erratic performance. MK are great for targets. there are plenty of bullet that equal their accuracy and are made for hunting. accubond, ballistic tip, berger others.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.