Side Arm for Grizzly Country

Grizzlies were all defense, one of life the rest property. Would have been two in defense of life but my clients were between me and my gun and froze and I got lucky with the bears decision to only make a mock charge. Could have fooled me. Was also the last time I ever left my gun on the boat.

I've hunted black bears once. They don't taste all that great to me and I enjoy watching them more than shooting them but I'd take anyone bear hunting that wants to go.

If your willing to bet your life on a non-CNS not mattering much between 10mm and .44 that's fine by me. Not my life and I'm not gonna tell you how to live yours.

Sea2Summit---on the grizz that you personally killed did you use one of your handguns and or a long gun? Also, it appears that you guided in G bear country what state did you do so?

Thx, Dogz

Sea2Summit---on the grizz that you personally killed did you use one of your handguns and or a long gun? Also, it appears that you guided in G bear country what state did you do so?

Thx, Dogz

All long guns, pistols would only be a last ditch option if facing one on purpose IMHO. This was Southcentral-ish Alaska...30ish years ago now.

Gotcha, I recall years ago (probably like 550 or so saying to my G-pa that's cool you have a 1911 on the kitchen counter good idea. His response was that it was there so he could fight his way to one of his long guns...:)

Serious question, how many have gotten more than a couple rounds of on a bear? Or felt they could have if a bear came those last 10 yards?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.