Side Arm for Grizzly Country

I'm in CA also, can you bring anything back ? Heard something about a ban on trophy animals. We can't hunt or possess mt lions here, even if taken from another state. Yes it really hurts our deer population.
I moved out of the people's republic of Kalifornia three years ago; just have not updated my sig. I live in Washington State now.

I am going to Zim for elephant and Cape Buffalo in September; very much looking forward to the trip.
The place is addicting, If you haven't been before you will definitely want to go back. Depending on where you go, the plains game hunting can be real good as well. Good Luck and enjoy !

Good bear sidearm too!
Both of my PH's shot 458 Lotts. Are you taking any solids ? My PH told me to bring 50% solids and 50% softs when I went the first time. I took both on both trips. I was able to get loads worked up in my 375HH that hit same point of impact at 150 yds. 300 gr Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solids and 300 gr. Swift A Frames. Both worked flawlessly. Both Lotts were BRNO's which is the European version of CZ USA which is what I took, along with a 300 Win Mag in a Tikka shooting 200 gr. A Frames. for some of the plains game.

Both of my PH's shot 458 Lotts. Are you taking any solids ? My PH told me to bring 50% solids and 50% softs when I went the first time. I took both on both trips. I was able to get loads worked up in my 375HH that hit same point of impact at 150 yds. 300 gr Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solids and 300 gr. Swift A Frames. Both worked flawlessly. Both Lotts were BRNO's which is the European version of CZ USA which is what I took, along with a 300 Win Mag in a Tikka shooting 200 gr. A Frames. for some of the plains game.
Yup, solids too.

Nope, first trip; been trying for years- but was finally able to make it happen.
If you have any questions about gear, clothing, travel concerns-you will be most likely flying to Johannesburg then to Harare, Joburg airport is notorious about losing bags/guns but they usually show up a day or 2 later. Any questions at all I would be happy to help if I can. The least I can do for someone who has served in the armed services for our country please feel free to email me.

I've hunt grizzly country a few times and either my 10mm Glock or my 357 GP-100 goes with me. I use ammunition with hardcast bullets for both. Does it compare to a 44 mag or 500 S&W, no, but both are capable rounds though. Just make sure if the situation ever arises, (hopefully it never does), that you are able to get to your sidearm quickly. I've come across a few people that wear their pistols at the small of their back in a IWB holster and wear their pack over it, making their sidearm inaccessible and therefore useless if needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.