This guy had spray and a pistol

Attachments

• gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 68
  • gggg.jpg
    gggg.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 58
Hello all, legitimate documentation is a great idea. So for those that think I might be blowing smoke or for those that really interested in the truth here ya go. Like phorwath says use the "search key". Article in Bozeman Daily Chronicle today- 11-20 FWP investigates 2 grizzly attacks in October. 2. Google Grizzly Attacks in Choteau Montana - 7-29-20. You will find 2 more attacks this year that were not mentioned in my previous post. 3. Google Grizzly attack Teton River Montana, which I mentioned in previous post along with that you will find another one on the Sun River in the same general area. 4. Google Grizzly ambles through Bear Canyon near Bozeman, this is the guy in the tree stand a couple weeks ago I mentioned in my previous post. 4. This one I didn't mention in my previous post but I saw it air on 60 Minutes. Google 60 Minutes , Grizzlies in Montana, it aired 10/11/20. This one is interesting because in the Swan Valley there is a guy that had 100 acres of corn that had 18 different grizzlies feeding on his corn- documented by FWP thru trail cams, drones, DNA samples from hair traps etc.. Also in this segment there is a hunter that got chewed up by a bear as well as an interview with USFWS supervisor that will shed a little light on Grizzly density numbers in the state as well as video on grizzly bears making a living in subdivisions at night. I wasn't going to mention all of these in the previous post due to the length of the post. As far as my personal encounters go there is no way I can document those, but I can tell you that I am 63 yrs. old and I grew up in this state, fishing, hunting on foot as well as horseback with mule packstrings in most of the wilderness areas in the state. So please feel free to check out my documentation. You will find that grizzly attacks are at an all time high in Montana and they are expanding their range at an alarming rate. Any feedback is welcome.

Considering how low the population density of bears is in the lower 48 vs Alaska, I wouldn't consider them "the lower 48 apex predator"
Depends on which part of the lower 48 you live in. check my latest post and take a look at the info I provided. I dont know how the density numbers work out but we have more than our fair share in MT. Not sure how it compares to AK. You guys have got a lot of bears.

Never purchased a can of bear spray. If I did, it wouldn't be for bears. That's what bullets are for.
Funny you say that. I carry it for "peaceful protestors" and gave my secretary a can also. Some crazy dude(homeless druggie crack head) started jumping up and down on her hood while she was stuck in traffic, then tried to open her door. She lowered the window a bit and painted his face and shirtless chest orange. "OMG I didn't realize how much came out !"

No requirement to provide experience credentials prior to posting. We've all had our own experiences, normally different from one another.
Most can figure out the credibility of posters, especially if they learn how to use the "search" feature.
If your interested. check my latest post and use the "search" feature

Obviously YOU have all the answers, so any comment from me is immaterial.

As the old saying goes: You don't know me, I don't know you, you don't know my friends and I don't know yours."
check out post #481, do the due diligence required for legitimacy.

@Tdeyo I thi k you guys might be having more problems with bears than here in Alaska.

I wonder how much of it is because we've learned to live with them as a way of life up here vs people in the lower 48 where a bear is more of an abstract threat that they don't really think about much.

@Tdeyo I thi k you guys might be having more problems with bears than here in Alaska.

I wonder how much of it is because we've learned to live with them as a way of life up here vs people in the lower 48 where a bear is more of an abstract threat that they don't really think about much.
I think in Alaska bears may learn that they risk death when seeing humans where in the lower 48 the majority of their human encounters are not a threat.

I'm not saying it isn't at least a little bit a difference in the bear's attitudes. Just wondering because even before kindergarten up here kids are taught to be "bear aware" and how to react to them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.