Show US your Suppressed Rigs and Trophy pictures.

I didn't get good pictures of the big guy this year, but this was the little guy. Looked to be 2.5 but his teeth were pretty beat up. Ranch owner requested I make him permanently go bye-bye because he was a slick 5 with no brow tines. Made a good hat rack for my sons. Meat quality was 10/10, the backstraps barely made it off the ranch.

lil guy.jpg

So it's my understanding that the lack of brow tines is both an inheritable trait and closely related to spike antlers. So it makes sense to me that the rancher wanted the animal culled from a management perspective, even though in my county (very far from this ranch) this would be un-shootable buck due to narrow spread.

Results showed that 90% of the bucks without brow tines at 3.5 and 4.5 years of age were spikes as yearlings. All bucks with 5 or more points as yearlings had both brow tines at maturity. All bucks without brow tines at 4.5 years of age had none when they were yearlings

We cull for no or tiny brows as well. We were on an MLD in Llano, TX area and they were wide spread. On my current place in San Saba area they are pretty rare. We have been hammering the spikes for two years now to help avoid that future.

This is a pig from this year with my Crux suppressor rig, I took the can off to minimize length climbing out of the blind. It is a Palmetto 6.5 CM.

Attachments

• Pig2021.jpg
    Pig2021.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 13
This is the first deer I have pulled the trigger on in the last 5 or 6 years. Like many of us out there, I enjoy hunting with my two children and prefer to help them figure out patterns of the deer and I prefer to let my kids do the shooting.

I bought myself a new suppressor host. The rifle is a Ruger American "tactical" chambered in 6.5CM and has an eighteen inch barrel. This Ruger is incredibly accurate right out of the box. The suppressor I mount on this rifle is a SiCo Omega 300. The two together make a serious hunting machine.

Attachments

• 20210620_162853.jpg
    20210620_162853.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 26
  • output_image1636437410035 (2).jpg
    output_image1636437410035 (2).jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 28