show off your big game rifle setup!

matt_3479

Just curious what everyone shoots. I love to see pictures as does everyone. So post pictures, give us some info. What game you shoot, what grain you shoot, what kind of scope, kind of rifle,

HPIM1130-1.jpg

Top to bottom

7 mm SAUM, shoots the 162 Amax for Whitetails or the occasional yote.

7-08, also shoots the 162 Amax, mainly for paper/practice out to 600 yds.

6.5 WSSM pistol, shoots the 130 gr Scirrocco, deer out to 390 yds......so far:D.

6.5-284, shoots the 140 gr Amax or SST. Another whitetail/yote rig.

6.5 WSSM rifle, also shoots the 130 gr Scirocco Once again whitetail/yotes ......not much else to shoot here in Wi.

300 Win Mag, shoots the 200 gr AB or SMK, this one is my chipmunk/squirrel gun......OK maybe not but I figured you were tired of hearing whitetail/ yote gun.

Chris

Here is my .338 Edge with the photo taken in my back yard where I can shoot out past 400m. It is built on a Remington trued action. Has sleeve at rear of bolt for better alignment. Bolt lugs etc trued and lapped. 30" Lilja barrel, 1 : 10 R/H twist, Clancy brake, D.E. cheek piece. N/F 20 MOA steel rail glued and screwed. N/F steel rings and N/F 5.5-22x56 NXS scope with R1 reticle. Chamber is cut long throated to suit the 300gn SMK.
Have shot up to 98 grains of H1000 with no problems but have settled down at 93 grains for low pressure,long case life and better accuracy.
For extreme range target shooting, it also likes a load of 97gn of H1000 behind the 250gn Hornady BTHP match bullet. I use CCI 250 primers.
Game includes, Sambar deer, Fallow deer, Red deer, Pigs, Goats, Rabbits etc.

mypic32.jpg

Last edited:
winmagman, sweet looking rigs...sure you got enough of them:)

Topshot, I think I saw your edge a few months ago...still looks great.

PA030137.jpg

PB160149.jpg

PB170176-1.jpg

7mm SAUM pushing 168 gr Bergers (soon to be 180 Bergers)
Built by Jim See at Center Shot Rifles.
Topped off with Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm with Mil-Dot.
Surgeon Short Action Single Shot, Manners Stock, Brux Barrel.

jarhead1371, nice looking rig, looks like some great shooting too. Is that the misses? Looks like she hunts with you.

Here is my .338 Edge with the photo taken in my back yard where I can shoot out past 400m. It is built on a Remington trued action. Has sleeve at rear of bolt for better alignment. Bolt lugs etc trued and lapped. 30" Lilja barrel, 1 : 10 R/H twist, Clancy brake, D.E. cheek piece. N/F 20 MOA steel rail glued and screwed. N/F steel rings and N/F 5.5-22x56 NXS scope with R1 reticle. Chamber is cut long throated to suit the 300gn SMK.
Have shot up to 98 grains of H1000 with no problems but have settled down at 93 grains for low pressure,long case life and better accuracy.
For extreme range target shooting, it also likes a load of 97gn of H1000 behind the 250gn Hornady BTHP match bullet. I use CCI 250 primers.
Game includes, Sambar deer, Fallow deer, Red deer, Pigs, Goats, Rabbits etc.

mypic32.jpg

338 EDGE..... What the fark is that ?? Sounds nasty !

DSC01636.jpg

My Surgeon 338 Lapua. I got it at the end of the season last year so I haven't hunted with it yet. That is going to change next week. Headed to Tx for a week and then back home for spring bear. So far, it shoots great out to 1200yds. but I'll be pushing a little further this summer. Went out tonight to an area I hunt to practice a bit under hunting conditions. Shot this group at 600yds. (611 on the rf) Rt at or just under 2"
DSC01643.jpg

300 RUM on a Stevens 200 that I finished up last year. Overlooking some good elk country... too bad none of the elk thought so that day!

P1010368.jpg

Another shot of the setup.

P1010369.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts