Show me your MLOK rail covers

megastink

I'm looking to apply some rail covers on my Sanders Grendel upper. I'm going to put a Harris adapter underneath for my bipod, but I don't know what I want to do for covers. Looking to add some comfort who's ascetics don't suck. I'm hoping some of the members here could show me what you've done. TIA.

I don't have any good pictures handy, but here's a video review by sootch00 that shows them in great detail. Great texture, but low profile. This review is for the keymod version, but the MLOK is the same concept.

Thank you sir

Top to bottom:
BCM rail covers -- decently grippy, almost sandpaper-ish and low profile. easiest to install and remove.
Magpul Type 2 -- hard molded plastic panels, aggressively textured and very secure. note that they do provide the most coverage but actually spill over into the 45deg MLOK positions.
Ergo Wedgelok -- grippy, rubbery strips secured by wedges/wings that protrude rather deeply into the handguard. with that MCMR handguard, they would actually contact the gas block on the underside (could probably trim the wings pretty easily though)

rail covers.JPG

Mechforce rail covers- clones of railscales for less than half the cost. Love them.

Attachments

• 20211225_144859.jpg
    20211225_144859.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 293
I've tried BCM, and found them to get loose with time. I Slate black industries panels on one, but ergo on several others. Ergo gets my vote. The are the happy compromise.

Recent Posts