Show me your favorite Coyote gun

This is my rig. Rem 700 LA with a shilen match .308. Barrel cut to 22", choate ultimate varmint stock modified for my la. Bushnell elite 6-24x50. Nightforcd 20moa, weaver tactical rings. Shoots 5 hornady hpbt under half inch at 100 yards.

P1010149.jpg

Sako in 17 Rem and H-S Precision Bolt Pistol in 6mmBR

POF P415 .223 with Nikon BDC 3x9 and Thunder beast suppressor.
My first triple.

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 93
Colt M&P 5.56/.223 4x Nikon P223. Just getting into predator hunting. This is the 2nd coyote taken this season. Happy with the set up but want a 3-9x to reach out a little farther. Any recommendations on scopes that won't break the bank? Happy hunting all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 75
Savage model 10 action, PTG Bolt Body, PTG bolt head, Shilen SS Select 6.5 Creedmoor 26", HS Precision stock, Rifle basix trigger, NSS Lug and Nut, Karstens comb, Dark Eagle Customs magazine, Valdada base, rings, & scope 6-24x50 Extreme MOA, Devcon bedded base and stock, Manson Reamed rings.

Here it is before all the modifications just a standard Model 10 savage 6.5 Creedmoor

How much did you under size your PTG bolt body to fit your action?

Here is my new rifle I just built.
Started as a Stevens .243, now with Shilen magnum contour 12 twist barrel chambered for 6mm22-250, and a Boyds stock.

P9060080_zpsf04c58ab.jpg

P9050072_zps5431f4ef.jpg

Cartridges shown for comarison, .222rem, .223rem, 6mm-250, .243win.

I am running 75g vmax's about 3500fps. I am working on other loads also.

Mike

Mine is a semi custom Remington 722 in .257 Roberts. It was purchased new by my great grandfather and he gave it to my father when he was young. My father had restocked it in a very nice Maple stock (Boy was it heavy) and sweated the front sight off and removed the rear sight. It wore an old Weaver (The "wide" one, not sure the exact name and now that scope is on my brothers .270) 3-9 x 40. When I was getting into coyote hunting my father gave me this gun and suggested putting it into a sporter stock, which was my plan.

I got an old factory Remington 700 ADL Short Action stock for free from a guy I worked with (Who was also friends with my father, and actually this guys brother helped my father bed it in the Maple stock that was on it). It was a little beat and the finish wasn't great. My father and I fitted the 722 into the 700 stock with a 700 ADL magazine box as I didn't want to modify the original parts) and then the project took off a little more. I ended up bringing it to Hillbilly Custom Guns in Newport, VT. Nathan (Owner/Gunsmith) pillar and Marine Tex bedded the barreled action to the new stock, fitted a recoil pad, did an awesome trigger job and coated the entire rifle/bolt with Sandstrom 859 Black (Similar to Cerakote).

Then I got the rifle back and immediately brought it to my old boss and he steamed out the dents, stripped it and put a really nice finish on the stock. (I think linseed oil and spar urethane but I don't know for sure)

Once I got it back from him I topped it with a Leupold VX-R 2-7 and here she is.

I have yet to get any blood on her, my only coyote to date was taken with my Tikka T3 7MM-08 while this one was being built. Sure did a number on her.

Fitted in the stock before it went out for any other work or stock refinishing. Still has the Weaver on it.

After it was completed. The picture kind of sucks and doesn't do the rifle any justice what so ever, but it's what I have for a pic.

And the Coyote that met the 7MM-08

Had this built in 2014. Remington SA, .308, Manners stock, Krieger 18" barrel, Vortex HD scope. Having a 6x47 Lapua barrel made up now to swap between. Most of the time it will have the 6x47L installed. In the process of getting my paperwork done to put a Thunderbeast can on.

Attachments

• 308.jpg
    308.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 96
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.