Shout out to Old Glory Safe Co. Customer service 100%

74honker

My wife and I have been shopping for a safe for quite some time now. We aren't rich by any means but did have a high set of standards that we wanted and just couldn't get that and the budget to aline. I stumbled across Old Glory online but had never seen one first hand. I called the toll free line and spoke with Robyn and she told me someone would call me back ASAP to answer anything I needed. Within 5 minutes Jay called back. (The company owners brother). 5 minutes after I hang up with Jay, Alice I believe, another staff, she didn't know Jay had already called me back, calls me back to make sure someone had gotten back to me. To me this is AWESOME CS since in the previous 2 weeks I had either made several phone calls and or emails to the other major BIG safe companies and NOT ONE single response from anyone!
I ask a few questions and Jay gives me the whole rundown of the company and their safes. Turns out this a real family owned business and they're from just a couple hours drive from where we live. He invites us down to put hands on and to actually see what they had to offer. We drive down and turns out Mike (the Co. OWNER) meets us at the door, I'm impressed. Mike shows us the safes and the quality and superior construction of these things compared to anything else we've looked at was obvious, and we've looked at them all. Yes there are some fantastic products out there but for what we wanted they were just WAY out of the budget for us. Mike then shows us a couple "scratch and dent" units, one of which had no obvious marks anywhere. He gave us a price on the 39 gun SD we were really interested in, then my wife asks well how much for the 24 gun SD then asks me what I thought about getting that one for our daughter and soon to be son in law(a LEO) for their wedding present. You just have to know my wonderful wife lol.
After we all talk it over for a few, Mike made us one HECK of a deal for the both of them, told us to take some time to think about it and give him a call back in a few days and they would be there for us till we said no. No pressure at all and of course after a few days we called back to seal the deal and schedule the pick up.
This company and the people running it are first class all the way. They answer the phone. They call you back when they say they will. They have a great product with a full unlimited and transferable lifetime warranty, and they are blue collar hard working folks just like we are.
Now before all you haters jump all over me, yes these safes are made oversees and they do not try to hide that fact like most of all the safe companies out there do. Trust me I did my research. What I can tell you is that my hard earned $$ went right into the hands of the owner and it was right here in this country.
Sorry for the lengthy post but wanted to give credit where it is due. Anyone in the market should look these guys up and yes if you're military or law enforcement you will be well taken care of.

It makes me smile to know there are still little companies out there that care about the customer. Thanks @74honker for taking the time to post.
We can't be happier that we found them and as far as the safes they are on a whole nother level compared to most out there on the market today. They told me they sell about 40-50 units a month nationwide, mostly internet sales. We almost went with a liberty but when I did my homework on where the $$ really goes it kinda soured us a bit. Like I said before, when the owner of the company meets you at the front door and looks you in the eyes when you shake his hand and I put my cash right in his hands, well that's just the way business ought to be conducted. In my book anyway, maybe we're just old school lol.

Last year I ordered an Old Glory Safe and it arrived many months later than expected. (Perhaps a covid delay???)
They were not proactive in letting me know that the delivery would be late and I had to buy a used, temporary safe while I was waiting for the Old Glory to arrive. In the end they took care of me and it's a very nice safe once it finally arrived.
I'd buy it again.

If you reposition the shelving, how many long guns can really fit into it?
It all depends on what you're putting in it I suppose. We got the 39. If not worried about shelves I'd say 30ish depending on what they are. Obviously shotguns take less than scoped rifles. IF you want shelves, I know it's more $ but go with the 45gun since it's a foot taller so that will leave plenty of space up top even with the longer barrels. IF I had to do anything over about this I would go with the 45 just for that reason.

Kinda off track but still a safe story (pun intended):
Had a Sportsman safe, when i lived in California (where they were manufactured), which I left when I moved to Connecticut.
Arriving in CT, and after shopping around, decided to order the same model safe from the company in CA and have it delivered to my new home in CT.
Long story short, the CT transport company apparently loaded it from a loading dock onto a truck with no lift gate. Driver gets to my home and, short of dropping it 5-6 feet onto my driveway, has no way to off load it....which he was going to do.
I explained how that was not a brilliant idea.
Did I have something to use as a ramp to slide it off the truck says he.
Sigh, I did have an aluminum extension ladder...maybe that will work says he.
Can you guess what happens to an aluminum extenstion ladder when you try to slide a several hundred pound safe down it?
Well, the good part is that the collapse was in slow motion and the safe arrives at ground level safely (still punning),
The bad news is that the extension ladder had a 45 degree bend in it. Second bad news was that I never was reimbursed for the ladder.
However, fast forward seven years, I am moving back to California and decide to have the safe moved rather than leave it. This time the moving company I selected had some gorillas working for them and they muscled it up into the moving van in CT and only using a dolly 'rode' it off the moving van and into my new CA home.

Kinda off track but still a safe story (pun intended):
Had a Sportsman safe, when i lived in California (where they were manufactured), which I left when I moved to Connecticut.
Arriving in CT, and after shopping around, decided to order the same model safe from the company in CA and have it delivered to my new home in CT.
Long story short, the CT transport company apparently loaded it from a loading dock onto a truck with no lift gate. Driver gets to my home and, short of dropping it 5-6 feet onto my driveway, has no way to off load it....which he was going to do.
I explained how that was not a brilliant idea.
Did I have something to use as a ramp to slide it off the truck says he.
Sigh, I did have an aluminum extension ladder...maybe that will work says he.
Can you guess what happens to an aluminum extenstion ladder when you try to slide a several hundred pound safe down it?
Well, the good part is that the collapse was in slow motion and the safe arrives at ground level safely (still punning),
The bad news is that the extension ladder had a 45 degree bend in it. Second bad news was that I never was reimbursed for the ladder.
However, fast forward seven years, I am moving back to California and decide to have the safe moved rather than leave it. This time the moving company I selected had some gorillas working for them and they muscled it up into the moving van in CT and only using a dolly 'rode' it off the moving van and into my new CA home.
Oh my lol! Luckily I have a big green tractor with a loader and pallet forks. Stuck it right in the door of house. Rednecks at their best lol!

My wife and I have been shopping for a safe for quite some time now. We aren't rich by any means but did have a high set of standards that we wanted and just couldn't get that and the budget to aline. I stumbled across Old Glory online but had never seen one first hand. I called the toll free line and spoke with Robyn and she told me someone would call me back ASAP to answer anything I needed. Within 5 minutes Jay called back. (The company owners brother). 5 minutes after I hang up with Jay, Alice I believe, another staff, she didn't know Jay had already called me back, calls me back to make sure someone had gotten back to me. To me this is AWESOME CS since in the previous 2 weeks I had either made several phone calls and or emails to the other major BIG safe companies and NOT ONE single response from anyone!
I ask a few questions and Jay gives me the whole rundown of the company and their safes. Turns out this a real family owned business and they're from just a couple hours drive from where we live. He invites us down to put hands on and to actually see what they had to offer. We drive down and turns out Mike (the Co. OWNER) meets us at the door, I'm impressed. Mike shows us the safes and the quality and superior construction of these things compared to anything else we've looked at was obvious, and we've looked at them all. Yes there are some fantastic products out there but for what we wanted they were just WAY out of the budget for us. Mike then shows us a couple "scratch and dent" units, one of which had no obvious marks anywhere. He gave us a price on the 39 gun SD we were really interested in, then my wife asks well how much for the 24 gun SD then asks me what I thought about getting that one for our daughter and soon to be son in law(a LEO) for their wedding present. You just have to know my wonderful wife lol.
After we all talk it over for a few, Mike made us one HECK of a deal for the both of them, told us to take some time to think about it and give him a call back in a few days and they would be there for us till we said no. No pressure at all and of course after a few days we called back to seal the deal and schedule the pick up.
This company and the people running it are first class all the way. They answer the phone. They call you back when they say they will. They have a great product with a full unlimited and transferable lifetime warranty, and they are blue collar hard working folks just like we are.
Now before all you haters jump all over me, yes these safes are made oversees and they do not try to hide that fact like most of all the safe companies out there do. Trust me I did my research. What I can tell you is that my hard earned $$ went right into the hands of the owner and it was right here in this country.
Sorry for the lengthy post but wanted to give credit where it is due. Anyone in the market should look these guys up and yes if you're military or law enforcement you will be well taken care of.
Do you have a link to their website?

Recent Posts