Shoulder mount or Euro mount?

GetReel

I can't decide if this deer is worth the cost of a shoulder mount. It was great hunt, first mule deer but it's not a big deer either. I waited 6 years for this tag.
what would you do?
9CB41790-90E3-4385-9EBE-A346EE92EC4E.jpeg
2F4D43E9-7593-4E6C-8F57-5359A386D799.jpeg
A46DF0FA-D060-4A5C-A1C8-7BDCBB1DF0AB.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm boiling my muley in the turkey deep fryer right now. All euro for me and that includes some pretty good sized trophies. The only skin mounts that I will ever put on my wall are birds, and maybe, maybe a bighorn if I can ever draw a tag.

Do what you like. If the animal is special to YOU then why not shoulder mount it? In my mind the trophies on the wall are for me. Others look at them and see only the biological snapshot of the animal at the time of death. We as hunters see past the fur and horns and see the memories of the hunt. Also my wife tends to encourage me to shoulder mount interesting things like my broke horn oryx and my Aoudad sheep.

If you're over 18, you should have learned that ONLY you can decide what is best for you.

Do what you like. If the animal is special to YOU then why not shoulder mount it? In my mind the trophies on the wall are for me. Others look at them and see only the biological snapshot of the animal at the time of death. We as hunters see past the fur and horns and see the memories of the hunt. Also my wife tends to encourage me to shoulder mount interesting things like my broke horn oryx and my Aoudad sheep.

What 👆 said

If your on here asking, i think you already know the answer. A long wait and what looks to have been a great hunt doesn't mean you have to have a particular mount. The rack should remind you the same either being a shoulder mount and or a euro. I had been talked into some shoulder mounts when I was younger and I now don't really have the room for them over having the euro mounts. I like what some of the other poster's said, save the money for another hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.