Should'a seen it comin'

Chief1942

I had this nagging suspicion that if I got drawn into this LRH/LRS pastime that I would eventually also have to become a reloader. After all the wisdom and information gleened from this site and others, as well as Bryan Litz's book, I have decided to jump in both feet. I have put together my LR Shooting System with all the associated goodies at some expense and it appears I have only gone half way as far as necessary equipment requirements go. Seems one can't be one (LRH/S) without the other (reloader) since it comes down to very subtle aspects of both the rifles used and the ammunition fed into that rifle. Those subtleties can only be addressed it seems by reloading. Ordered me a Redding Big Boss kit with dies for my 7mmRemMag. Having put much time in studying and researching the whole reoading game, I know that the original acqusition is only the beginning of the $$$ to be spent. Fortunately I have an understanding wife

Now that I have jumped in, I will picking a bunch of brains right here in an effort not to commit all the "newby" mistakes and not spend money where it is not warranted. First question. Where the heck are all the Large Rifle Primers???:D I know. Patience GrassHopper. They will catch up to the demand eventually. Patience! Must remember, Patience!!:cool:

Welcome my son to the other side of long range shooting. Reloading for long range shooting.

Have you checked Midway,,,Midsouth,,Cabelas ,,, 3rd generation.

Welcome my son to the other side of long range shooting. Reloading for long range shooting.

Have you checked Midway,,,Midsouth,,Cabelas ,,, 3rd generation.

Yes I have and all I read on thier sites is "out of stock- no backorders". It is going to take me some time to get up to speed by thoroughly reading the reloading manuals and the instructions that come with the equipment before I feel comfortable getting started so I have some time yet. Perhaps the supply and demand issue will resolve itself in that time.:rolleyes:

And Lewis, I appreciate the recommendation, call me old fashioned but i'd prefer to "Buy American" if at all possible.:)

Welcome to the reloading community, you will be more of an addict once you get going:D:D:D
Good luck finding the primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.