should I?

I have been thinking about getting a 6.5 creedmoor. I read a bit about but really can not see the need other than it might be a fun round to load for and shoot. I hunt with a 308 win, with a Hornady 165 gn sst and it works wonders. Yet I find myself trying to justify the purchase of another gun.

I don't know about "justifying" a new gun, but I do know that if you WANT something and can afford it, then you should get it because you only get so much time to 'play' in this life. The .308 Win can do anything the 6.5 CM can do, realistically speaking, so it'd be hard to split those hairs. Just get the 6.5 CM and be happy :):D

i have one in an AR platform and i love it. i'm with the other guys, buy it if you can afford it. then post pics on here so the ones that can't afford that stuff right now (3 kids in daycare) can drool over it.

I think you should. I came late to the party and got my 6.5CRDM last year for Christmas. So for me, it's a nifty new cartridge. I have a .308, a 6.5 X 47 Lapua and a 6.5-284 and scads of other rifles. I certainly did not need the Creedmoor but let's face it, I would have been an irresponsible jerk if I did not get one.

At the risk of getting flamed, I'll say that I find it amusing how there is all this controversy over the cartridge. It seems to work very well, but somehow suffers this stigma of being passé because "everybody and their brother" has one. Sorry for the goofy analogy but it reminds me of how everybody hated Jeff Gordon in the late 1990's (guilty as charged). That didn't make him any less of a great driver. So, I'll keep my 1/2 MOA 6.5 Creedmoore and keep piling up whitetails with it. Let us know which one you get!

might be a fun round to load for and shoot
Yes it would be. A little less recoil than the 308. And kinda stupid accurate.
Was kinda an early adopter and now on my second 6.5 CM.

"everybody and their brother" has one.
This says a lot. Sure some people make fun of them (jealousy because it bumped their baby a little lower). But if they didn't shoot well, so many folks would own them.

So many good 6.5s. Take your pick. (Missing a few in there, 6.5x47L, .260 Rem, 6.5x55, 6.5-06 to name a few)

This says a WHOLE LOT right here.

The question was. Should I? When looking at a new toy and in this case it's a new rifle. If you have the funds, the answer is. Yes. Go for it and enjoy. Build some memories, you won't regret it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts