should I this 338 edge or build

yotehunter24

I came across a 338 Edge built on a Model 70 action with a 30" Lilja stainless fluted barrel and Harrell break. The gun sits in a B&C sporter stock, which I would swap out for a McMillan or Manners. Has 50 rounds fired plus 30 loaded rounds and 50 brass. Also comes with dies. My buddy said he would sell it for $650. I have been planning on building either an Edge or Lapua to begin with. So is this something I should jump on

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.I have more in parts than that in my edge.See how it shots and go from there.

The current owner has built me half dozen wildcat ARs all sub half MOA and is currently building me a 264 WM. So I have full confidence in him. My concern is the action. I'm not very familiar with the M70 action. I have always built on M700 or savage.

I came across a 338 Edge built on a Model 70 action with a 30" Lilja stainless fluted barrel and Harrell break. The gun sits in a B&C sporter stock, which I would swap out for a McMillan or Manners. Has 50 rounds fired plus 30 loaded rounds and 50 brass. Also comes with dies. My buddy said he would sell it for $650. I have been planning on building either an Edge or Lapua to begin with. So is this something I should jump on

$650?!? So, a stack of cash or is some other payment preferred?

Yeah, I'd jump all over it.

Thanks for the replies. I told him to go ahead and send it with my 264 mag when it's done. Now time to figure out what scope I want.

This is the 338 Edge. They are waiting in the reamer for my 264 then it will be ready. I have a Stockade stock waiting on it and a Vortex Viper HS-T 4x16 on order as well. I'm using a Blackhole Weaponry barrel for the it as well.

Attachments

• IMG950400.jpg
    IMG950400.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 116
The M70 is a great action!
The best group I have shot was on a M70......1.108", 3 shots at 565yds..
It was a 6.5 wssm re barreled by pacnor!
Don't hesitate to use a M70..

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.