should I sell it or not

cva54

:confused: here 1 for you all got a problem my boy started deer hunting up here in MN 2 years ago ive had him shooting my old mod 94 he now wants a bolt action dont blame him I just found a savage 110 in 7mm rem mag (this what I want)stock is a bit dinged up not bad fixable has a scope on it need to get a beter look at the barrle didnt see any hack marks on the muzzle for 350.00 at a pawn shop what is the going rate for a 94 now adays should I trade it sell it keep it. It is a saddle ring carbine made in 1921 I got it when I was 13 paper rout monney i am now 46 payed $65:00 for it what to do /

Personally, I probably wouldn't sell the 94 if it had ANY sentimental value to me. If I did sell it, I'd get an honest appraisal from someone very knowledgable in the Win 94's, as their values are all over the map depending on exactly what you have.

AJ

yes it is sentimental thats the prob IF I did get it I would let mady give him my rem 721 .06 made in 1951 witch i have ben accturatizing it is getting realy good 11/2 moa still need to recrown it

If you've had it since you were 13 then why would you consider selling it. Sell something else ,you're wife or kids maybe but not a close and deer friend!!!gun)

Keep it!!! you will regret it down the road if you sell it. Think back to how that rifle made you feel when you were a boy when you first saw it there in the rack the first time you touched it the smell the way the lever cycled so smoth. I have a rifle like that I will never sell it makes me think back to simpler times when all I wanted from my rifle was for it to kill game not shoot a fly at 2k. I saved all my money for 2 years to buy that gun and I will never sell it.

GOING to keep it cant part with my oldest firend thanks for all the feed back but as for rembering the first time I seen it . NOT GOOD it was proped up in the coner of a old timers house (he was a coffin dodger back then) when he painted that room he painted around it it had drips on it that was the easy part back when he stoped hunting he thought it was a good idea it was he opened the acttion grabed he trusty axle grease gun. FROM the muzzle filled the barrle and every cavidy he could find have you ever tryed to remove dryed axle bearing grease took my dad I dont know a month or so to clean it all out well that how it looked and felt and we will leave the smell part out finly got to cycled well what can I say it is an old 94 (dam neer broke my hand trying to be the rifle man can any one rember that old show) but I learned I can still remeber hunting with it like it was last week end (IT WAS) dam it felt good my son MISSED 2 deer with it (what do you think he said)I grabed it shoot at 50 Y 5" target missed low left only by 3" mybe 4" 2 shoots each bulet shared the same hole (of corse he gave me ****) did it againe same thing this time hi right handed back to him and said learn to shoot it (but dont **** it off)thinking about that its been 10 years or os since shoot that rifle

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.