Should I get a 6.5 PRC

You will be able to get your hands on some 6.5 PRC brass. It's showing up here and there little by little. It's a very nice round. There's always the 6.5 saum and 6.5 Sherman Short. I favor those two.

Don't do it! I'm having a hard enough time finding components, and you'll just make it worse! My advice is send everything you have to me. Seriously, it is a great caliber. I strongly recommend it. I have already shot out one barrel and waiting on a new one now. Barrel life is slightly less than Creedmoor, but you're gaining speed and the ability to run the big bullets effectively. The PRC needs a pretty aggressive cleaning schedule, especially with RL26. As far as brass, it's a problem, but its getting better. I actually got my hands on some pre-production brass from Peterson, and it is really good stuff but I don't know when they will go into full production on it. I used Hornady brass exclusively in the first barrel and averaged 12-15 reloads on it, so it's pretty good stuff also. I say build it, you will love it.
How many round did you get out of your 6.5prc barrel?

It's a great cartridge without question but with things the way they are today, no..... Go will a plain Jane cartridge that is time tested and has a reasonable chance of actually being able to find something for....
Think about, the .270 WSM for some, Elk / Moose hunting with, the 140 Berger's @ 3,200 FPS ( still clocking, OVER,.. 2,000 FPS at, 800 Yards ! ).
It's PLENTY for, Normal "Mid Range", Moose/ Elk, Hunting ( easily, 500 to 700 Yards ! ).
Then, Buy yourself, a 6.5 Creedmoor, a Tikka T-3 for, Deer/ Antelope and LOTS of, LOWER Recoil, LR Practice on, steel Plates !
BOTH, are great Cartridges and Bullets, Brass, Dies ( buy, Forster Dies ) etc., ARE, a bit MORE, available !
And neither will be, Obsolete for, a LONG, time !

Last edited: