Should I change?

340Shooter

I currently have a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 B&C on my 7mm Wby, and was wondering if I would be better off with a Swarovski Z3 or maybe something else? Just general hunting use.

I have a vx-3 4-14.5x50 longrange with varmint reticle. All I have done to it was send it in and got the target elevation turret installed. I took a deer at 916 with it. The only thing I'm going to upgrade to is a nightforce 5.5-22. I really like this scope.

You can send the scope to leupold and have them change the reticle for like 140$ that new Moa reticle looks awesome. While its there have the elevation turret installed and you're out the door for a little over 200. The only thing I use on the varmint reticle are the wind holds on the zero line. For all distances I dial

if your shooting deer sized game at reasonable (500 yards or less) ranges and doing it during legal shooting hours your not going gain a thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.