Should I buy Reloader 15

scsims

I have Varget on backorder, and have enough to last me a few months. I found a place that has about 8 pounds of RL 15. Just wondering if I should try and wait out the Varget or buy the RL 15 and work up a new load.

What would you guys do?

What caliber are you loading for? I recently switched from Varget to RL15 because it gave me better accuracy in my 22-250. It seems like most people's guns will shoot both powders and achieve similar performance.

It's kind of a catch 22, if I have to work up new loads that's more bullets and primers that are hard to come by as well.

AMEN, we are in tough times. I am lucky, I think I have enough to make it a few more seasons, but if I start shooting more match's, I could get in trouble with my 7mmWSM and .223.

Absolutely get it. Every 308 I have owned and still own has shot equal or better than Varget when using R15. Charge weights are similar to achieve the same velocity, excellent ES, and temperature stability. They changed to a temperature stable formulation a while back. iMHO.

DON'T BUY RL 15!!!

I want market saturation so I can actually find some to use in my 35 whelen!!!!! Seriously, rl15 is about as universal as 4895. If it isn't seriously overbore or a pistol but still goes bang it can probably burn rl15 well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.