should i buy my first ar 15 or start rebuilding my 700?

rem700man

ive gotta pretty big dilemma, ive got a chance to buy a dpms oracle for 600 bucks from buds gun shop. i would put it on layaway and have it paid off in a month or so. but here is my problem, i have been wanting to rebuild my rem. 700 for almost 2 yrs now and the cost of the ar 15 would pretty much cover the m24 stock im going to use, the magpul prs stock would roughly cost about half of what the broughton barrel is going to cost me, the geisslele trigger would cost more than the timney trigger for the 700, but theres a even bigger problem,bloomberg has promised to pay upwards of 25 million this election year in a feeble attempt to "buy" congress to try and pass anti gun,anti ar 15,anti common sense legislation this next year,which really makes me want the ar even more. if you were me what would you do?

i just answered my own question :cool: i put down 10% at the lgs on the oracle. i just hope this doesnt turn out to be another one of my infamous jack daniels induced bad decisions. take that bloomberg gun):D

I believe everyone should own an ar platform rifle.
With all the different calibers offered in the platform, you don't need to settle for a 5.56 or a .223.
An ar platform rifle is basically a dangerous lego set for big sized boys and the big boys can do what they want with them.
Remember only the lower is registered as a firearm, meaning one can buy many different use uppers on the same lower.
I myself like my ar as basic as possible. I don't have multiple battle type sights or optics on my M4 wannabe. I do have magpul handguards, pistol grip, 6 position stock and a BAD lever.
My sights are a removeable carry and the standard front A2 front sight.
I do have a rat tube upper. 24" heavy barrel, free float handguards and a leupold scope mounted on the optics ready upper. Very accurate and a whole field of prarie rats are in danger.
Think about your preferred ar platform and make a decision if you are happy with a 5.56 or maybe you may want a 6.8 or a 300 blackout or a 450 bushmaster. All of these calibers will sit on a 5.56 lower easily
Good luck with your new evil black rifle, make it your own.

Ar's are cheap right now, and you know what that means. AK's are more costly then ar's right now. I picked up an AR on black friday for under $500.00 [inc. ffl]. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I have been wanting one for a while now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts