Should I buy ATN scope?

Sale your unit to some one that is looking for a entry level unit and wants to try night hunting. If your current unit hurts your eye sale it , that is enough for me ( ask me how I know , 3 detached retina operations and they did not turn out well ). Then by you the new Hogster thermal unit. Not cheap but if you are in good shape I bet you will go every night hunting. Its a game changer. Marty

I really like mine. I have the ATN HD2 and ATN 4K.

The HD 2 I have an external battery (last all weekend) in a saddle on the stock. It's a 7.62x39 AR that I really need some for a better week weld. It's kind of heavy but I really like it. 2019 hunting season I recorded all my hunts.

The 4K has a much better internal battery that will easily last all weekend on one charge. I have not hunted as much with this scope because of the rifle under it. The 10.5" 6.5 Grendel SBR is a monster to try to suppress. But that is whole thread in its self!

But I have no complaints about either scope. I hunted quite a bit with both at night but have not had many opportunities but it has done just fine.

YouTube has put Fact Check rules on my account because of my conservative comments and I can try to link one of first hunts with the ATN. There is no sound for some issue with the editing software.

I would save you money I have one and even after getting a better ir sniper hog lights.
It's not very useable. I stuffed it in the safe and went thermal.
I am gonna try and use maybe the red light and leave it in daytime mode. I've heard that works. We shall see

I would save you money I have one and even after getting a better ir sniper hog lights.
It's not very useable. I stuffed it in the safe and went thermal
I am gonna try and use maybe the red light and leave it in daytime mode. I've heard that works. We shall see
I've been thinking about trying it that way. I accidentally left the light on and my batteries were dead. Before I went IR we used our normal hunting scopes with red or green lights. So I happened to have it in the truck.

You cant see a think with the scope on "night" mode. It was in the morning so I forgot to switch modes and check it before it got daylight.

I really like my HD 2, smashed a hog last monday morning before it got good shooting light.

This thread reminds me I need to upload it to BooHooTube. Video quality is not very good because I had the light on the lowest setting, then increased the magnification so its grainy...which doesn't bother me. Once I know which end has the router, just move back a pinch and dump him!

My wife hates that it's not crystal clear! So she won't hunt with her rig! I 🤨

I have one. We bait and kill hogs less than 50yds. Like Capt c says it is entry level. I have an old one with the extra battery on the stock. It works for us.

Attachments

• 3CE4D883-70C4-4994-87D6-9DC009E390FA.jpeg
    3CE4D883-70C4-4994-87D6-9DC009E390FA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78

One thing I cant get it to do is remember the date and time!

Here is last monday morning. I could have swapped it to the day mode for better quality or turned the IR up higher.

That's the best bullet impact I've heard on an animal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-154509_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-154509_Chrome.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.